Volvo vnl AC problem, charging the system properly?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Jack carg, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    One more thought, 3 yrs ago when I redid the whole system, I also added some green dye. They sell it already added to 12 oz can of 134a, or they sell it in a liquid form, much cheaper. I only added a small amount. Also bought infra light and glasses kit. I doubt I’ll ever use the kit, as the dye showed up bright green right at the leaking condenser, also came in handy just now, as I had the leaking fitting. Well worth it to add the dye, for future leaks.I never bothered in the past, didn’t realize how good it shows up when there’s a leak.

KB3MMX, bigbyrc and Newto Trucking Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jack carg

Jack carg Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Update
    Yesterday I rent vacuum pump and Manifold Freon Gauge from Auto zone and 5 cans 12oz R134A and small bottle UV 1oz
    I did vacuum for about 40 minutes it's hold the pressure at 29 and I let it sit for 24h just to insure that there is no leak, it's sholds hold the pressur at 29 or 30, low pressure gauge, I checked today and I find out every thing works good and still holding the pressure at 29, I turn the engine on and AC on and I started to adding the Refrigerant, with the second cans the AC compressor started and the I continue adding the rest of Refrigerant and the UV liquid, now the AC works really good , all that cost me 60 $, I watched this video it's help me a lot

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I just had to charge mine. Had a leak at hose end.Luckily, I have re usable ends. Simply cut the bad end of hose, and re did it. Hose was stuck in fitting, bought another fitting at TA $20, put 5 cans in it. Good to go. I’ll pull a vacuum soon enough, and fill it again As long as you put the required amount in weight. No need for gauges. It’s on the money.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.