VOLVO VNL FRONT END SHAKING

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by RoadRanger^^, Apr 11, 2021.

1. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Is this truck ever being in collision or accident, maybe something is bent in the from end ?

2. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Smaller on by prior owner. I've owned for last 3 years and this just started. I put a duel leveling valve set up on the front , from single is at correct ride hight took out axle spacer shim on driver's side per Hendrickson repair service pdf and it drove badly. When on highway changing from right to left lane it was like you were swerving into the lane change turning from left to right was more normal. Sent it out for alignment gave them the shim I took out and told of my problem said put it in or leave it out I don't care just make it ride right. They put it back in and truck still rides the exact way as before alignment

KB3MMX and RoadRanger^^ Thank this.
  3. Gorya777

Gorya777 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2023
    I have the same exact problem did you ever get it figured out? Any updates

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. RoadtoEmmaus

RoadtoEmmaus Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2014
    What was the solution?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    The solution is increasing CASTER using a more angled shim like 1.5° or more

6. Texan4Life

Texan4Life Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2022
    Any updates for fixing this? my VNL 630 with airtek is similar I have replaced literally everything. shocks, air bags, air level valves, spring hanger bushings, drag link, tie rod ends, king pin bushings, wheel bearings, drums, new aluminum wheels, different brand of tires, axle alignment. My camber (if i remember correctly) was slightly out of spec, but being a hollow fabricated axle it can't be put on the bender. It still has the same old shimmy and wears tires hard on the edge and puts a weird lumpy/scallop on the edge. At the point I have given up and just run cheap all positions and when the edges wear down I move them to the rear most axle to wear out the centers. My next truck will not have a hendrickson airtek front axle

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.