Vote NO! on interior facing cameras

Discussion in 'Prime' started by nofreetime, Mar 4, 2014.

1. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    We all know Prime is looking into an exterior looking dash camera system we all know this is coming and we probably cant do anything about it regardless of you feel about it. However another post here says Prime maybe considering an interior looking unit as well. Ive created this post so us drivers can let Prime know how we feel about particularly the interior looking camera system I say let them know because Prime does have social media people who will likely catch this post. If we get enough negative posts here about these interior looking spy cameras in our trucks is it possible that we change Prime's mind about ever even thinking about installing them? I dont know. But we all know that we work in a industry where there is a shortage of people willing to do what we do as well as a turnover problem, and if a company thinks enough drivers WILL NOT TOLERATE THE INVASION OF PRIVACY created by an interior camera that company will be strongly motivated not to use them. We have a voice folks and it matters! Let Prime know you wont tolerate an interior camera! (Continued)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    California Attorney General just ruled driver facing cameras are not an invasion of privacy. The article is on the opening page of this TTR website.

4. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    I bet a company put an interior camera in my truck they would take it off in two days because they wouldn't want to see what i was going to be doing in front of this camera stand in front of the camera with no clothes on

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  5. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    (Continued) Is it possible that every thing were hearing about interior cameras is all rumors? I say it doesnt matter the subject of interior cameras will come up again given enough time anyway now is the time to stop this before it happens not later while its happening. Once one large company adopts this technology more will follow and soon it will become the standard of our industry. Is that really what we want? What will happen to the video in event of an accident anyway? The video will be turned over to the local police and if an injury or a death took place will be reviewed by a prosecuting attorney who will investigate and decide if you will face criminal charges,(think vehicular manslaughter or assault here). From there the video can go on to a private attorney and these goons are everywhere on billboards, the backs of phonebooks, and have tons of adds on tv adds like "call me ill get that evil truck driver i got my last client 2million". (Continued)

6. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    It's already happening. You should change your name toomuchfreetime.

prime is a private company. It's not a democracy.

gpsman, jomar68, SHO-TYME and 4 others Thank this.
  7. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    (Continued) This is where some will be saying well if your safe and then you havent got anything to worry about. Wake up we are living in a time where scum lawyers will crawl out of the wood work to get some trucking money and you can be sued personally even ad a company driver. Dont expect this type of lawyer to play fair btw these guys will make a case against you out of anything. Could taking a drink of your coffee or soda be considered distracted driving, theyll make that their case if you were. Why in the world would we want to provide a prosecuting attorney or a scumbag private lawyer with any evidence at all from an interior cam thats just plain stupid its not about thinking we have something to worry about because were not safe. I love this county but our justice system is not perfect it fails from time to time (think OJ Simpson or the Ramseys). I didnt even touch base on the fact that this is a huge invasion of our privacy it goes with out saying. Let Prime know how you feel about interior looking cameras stop this from becoming standard in our industry now or ever!!!!!!

8. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    Read your contract again, you're gonna do what they tell you to do and that's how it works, you won't find enough drivers with the cajones to actually quit if they do it...ya'll will just grumble and do what they want.

That's not your truck, you can't just pull it and go to another company. That's what you get for getting into that kind of deal.

SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  9. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't think prime is worried about whether you like it or not. If they were worried about drivers, they would pay better, go ahead and quit prime. They will just find another warm body to throw in your drivers seat. I know for a fact, I would not mind having external cameras, but I am not going to drive a truck with an interior camera in it.

Adam

SHO-TYME and wyldhorses Thank this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I wouldn't want to see it but there are plenty of websites that I could upload the video feed to. There's a lot if freaks out there. A lot of freaks. But you'd probably make me a mint. People are ####### weird.

11. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    The level of douchery that is displayed in this thread is what allows companies to screw drivers. There's no unity whatsoever.

Yes, it's already happening. That's not a reason to discard the concerns, it's a reason to support them! Pricks with their head up their ### would rather see everybody get screwed the way they are rather than put a stop to it.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.