W900 Wiper issues

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by cumminsISB, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cumminsISB

cumminsISB Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2011
    D'Lo, Ms
    I have a 2005 W900l with the funky wipers that start in the middle of the windsheild and sweep outward towards the edge of the windsheild. I am having problems with the blades getting stuck together. I have the required 15 inch blades. Is there a kit to convert this over to regular sweeping action? any other suggestions? I also have a issue with the speed. Sometimes delay and low works, sometimes they don't...high speed always works. I really need help with this as it is driving me crazy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cumminsISB

Feb 5, 2011
    D'Lo, Ms
    nobody else has this problem?

4. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    The speed problem sounds like a switch issue, like a fan motor, when the resistor goes all that works is high speed.

Far as I know there is no kit to convert to a more traditional sweep.

5. cumminsISB

Feb 5, 2011
    D'Lo, Ms
    any idea how to pull the arms off? looks like someone had them off at one time and clocked them wrong./..gonna try that but can't get the arms off!

6. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    I had the timing of mine adjusted at the dealer so I know it can be done but I dont know how. I need to adjust mine more as the passenger side like to run off the glass.

7. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Do you have the split windscreen? I drove a T600 with the same type of wipers, and they were always 1-2" away from the center gaskets.

8. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Both mine and my buddy's W900 has a wiper that just doesnt always end up next to the center of the dual windshields. They wipe fine but their HOME position isn't always vertical with the center windshield divider. Like Barroll says, 1-2" away..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.