W900B grill assembly

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by WyoVac, May 6, 2017.

1. WyoVac

WyoVac Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    I'm in the process of replacing my worn out hood with a Jones hood on my '96 W900B. The original grill surround needs to be replaced as well. I've purchased new SS surround and am not sure if I'm missing anything. So..... my Q is when mounting the surround and "dummy densor", is there any C channel behind the grill for support? The bottom flat bar piece has holes that I'm not sure for what. If anyone has pics or advice, that would be great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I would guess the holes are for a piece called a 'something' closure'. I've forgotten the whole name.It is an optional piece of stainless or chrome to hide the bottom of the radiator. I'll go look at mine.

4. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    A photo would help. The closure I mentioned bolts to existing holes in the surround and the flat stock with bent ends that strengthens and holds the surround in place.

5. WyoVac

WyoVac Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]All right... tried to cut and paste a pic but not successful. I think I know what you are talking about Bigguns. Maybe like a piece of c channel to help strengthen it.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    I put new side chrome on my 900L with a Jones hood, I think the holes you ask about in the bottom section may be for a cold weather grill cover...?? No extra brackets that I recall on the inside.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.