Wabco Air Dryer

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by GearJamminHank, May 20, 2024.

1. GearJamminHank

GearJamminHank Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2018
    While having the air dryer replace at a Love's the cartridge and center threaded stud came off as on piece. It was rusted together. There is no saving it, it's gone in the trash I tried everything to get it apart. Wasn't happening. So I needed to by a replacement. Well as most of you know they are on a national backorder (6-12 weeks). I found a dryer that I was assured it was compatible. However, it's not. Everything is the same in the two dryers except the fact that the original has a turbo cut off valve and the new one doesn't. I am of the belief that this little detail is why when the system purges my compressor continues to run and rattle snake spit out of the purge valve. Is there a way to compensate for not having the TCV to stop the air loss? I am building air just fine, cutting in and out just fine, however the compressor is running continuously.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gridaxe5588

Gridaxe5588 Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2022
    Too bad you threw it away mine did the same thing and a friend of mine that has a machine shop basically tore the filter apart from around it and I reinstalled by threading it into the new filter then spinning it back into the dryer worked just fine. Funny thing is it'll screw out of the dryer but is not a replacement part you can buy, I asked Wabco directly.

GearJamminHank Thanks this.
  4. GearJamminHank

GearJamminHank Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2018
    I had already slipped and ruined the threads so it was useless anyway. Lesson learned

Gridaxe5588 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.