Wait for a trainer?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by bwwhitt, Sep 29, 2013.

1. bwwhitt

bwwhitt Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Glendora, CA
    Curious to know how many of you had to wait for a trainer and how long you had to wait.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Off-n-on

Off-n-on Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Phila, PA
    The recruiter should already have a trainer in the works before you go to orientation. They should try to time it so that there will be minimal waiting time like maybe a couple days or so max. But of course this is the trucking industry with all it's hypocrisy and higher ups who think they know more than the drivers ... Etc etc.

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I waited for about a week at May, I was holding out for a non-smoker. However, when I realized they weren't going to be able to accommodate me, I jumped on a truck with a puffing trainer. Spent 9 days on his truck and soloed out.

blwjr Thanks this.
  5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    think he was more asking about the may drivers... and from what I saw they don't really have anyone lined up for you before orientation. I waited about a week

6. bwwhitt

bwwhitt Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Glendora, CA

My recruiter told me the "goal" was to get me out of orientation and into a truck with a trainer HOWEVER there was a possibility that I could end up having to wait for a trainer.

7. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    I may just have to do the same thing once I'm up there I'm also a non smoker but I wanna get to it as quick as possible.

8. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    I was a non smoking trainer. I didn't have an issue getting a student on board when I wanted one. They do their best. I got on a truck the day after orientation.

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I was (became) a non-smoking trainer too. We were the minority among the trainers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.