Wait...What Did She Just Say?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by frizzbees, Dec 9, 2018.

1. frizzbees

frizzbees Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2018
    A few states on the east coast are getting dumped on right now by a major snowstorm. I was watching my local news channel and they were covering an accident on the interstate - 53' laying on its side in the median.

The anchor then said, "Look folks, this was a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER. And if they're having difficulty negotiating the conditions out here, then the rest of us darn well better stay home."

Well I'll be danged. Maybe there IS still some respect out there after all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Not everybody is a complete low life...

4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Does that make me a professional driver too??? :p

frizzbees and Bakerman Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's so sad; right now, where I live, it's 62 degrees, sunny sky, palm trees swaying in the breeze, people wearing shorts.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Yes, there is only one person out there, that respects and likes truckers.

Ya'll need a hug, or some positivity in your life.

Despite the popular myth...

Not everyone hates truckers. I know..hard to believe.

Shocking even.

Sirscrapntruckalot - No woman, no cry. - Bob Marley

Dan.S, frizzbees and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Little does the talking head know that if you did lay down a big rig you have failed in the first rule of trucking. DO NOT ROLL THAT *&^%$, Ever.

I pretty much quit following reporters in storms. They work so hard and unnecesarily stupid sometimes like this one...

And of course the famed BS struggling against a so called hurricane wind hell from TWC when two or three people walking without a care in the world behind him across street. (Even crossing feet a time or two...)

Trucker61016 and frizzbees Thank this.
  8. frizzbees

Jul 14, 2018
    Well, it's always interesting to read the comments!

When I was watching this story unfold on the news, with a reporter in the field and the action happening over her shoulder as she and the anchor discussed the accident, I admit that I was expecting it to transition into yet another industry negative - as in why the driver was even still on the road - and there are too many trucks - and we need more tolls or regulations - anything negative. After all, sensationalism IS their thing, right?

So when she went positive, and actually put out a COMPLIMENT, I was really surprised. And I thought I'd pass it along. I hope the driver hears it, too. I'm sure he/she is already feeling...well...oops, we can't talk about feelings here.

Which brings me to @Sirscrapntruckalot, I don't need a hug! :D I'm gonna choose to believe that you were going for your usual outstanding sense of humor that continues to keep me thanking your posts!

9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    did you ever stop to think about the poor kids that have there Christmas presents in a FedEx truck in the ditch

D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  10. frizzbees

Jul 14, 2018
    I never saw that one before - with the canoe! And she was going to ride that lie till the end, too! See what I mean about sensationalism!! I did see TWC's Jim Cantore acting like a fool. Caught in the act! Funny stuff!

x1Heavy and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's why I buy insurance when shipping fed ex. Actually a little over market rate to replace product.

Ive only had one case of internal damage done to electronics in the mail, the provider back east used the US Post to file claim and was able to save the product and resell off me at a profit to me but less than market value there. So it was a win situation all around despite the losses in damage.

Ive run US Mail before which presumably includes packages. From what I remember, dispatcher told me to be in a particular marked numbered trailer spot, dropped and bobtailed to the office by exactly 5:18 am. It was in the trailer spot at 5:16, dropped at 5:17 and papers turned in to US Post office reciever.

It will generate a proper one way yelling with profanity for a period of time for 1-Actually being early, 2- having the moxie to follow my correct dispatcher instruction to avoid unnecessarily long wait times that benefits the Post financially. (Over my head...)

I would not haul mail again, twice was enough. Although Mass would have something to say about the 115 mph upgrade with only about 6000 in the box.

frizzbees Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.