Waiting on New Trucks thread.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Midwest Trucker, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, I hadn’t been on truck paper and looked closely in a while. There is literally nothing available. I think there were 8 new 680’s with Cummins in the entire country and 7 of those listings were definitely unbuilt. Then I looked at reefers 2019 and newer and saw anything from 75,000 for 2019 to 125,000 for new. 95% of the listings were for unbuilt trailers tho.

How high do things have to go before people really do start saying F it. Sure, I’ll sell you some equipment! Serious question though... how high?

250k for a new 680? 150k for a new fully loaded reefer? 75k for new loaded van?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Don’t know how high, but if you have a team operation and are generating $4 a mile or more, how fast to recover an extra $50K for a truck? Six months?

That’s the real question. Can you recover the premium before the worm turns?

For the rest of us, I was playing with the idea of trading in a year early to capitalize on the high used values, but now it’s going to be 2023, and the truck will be close to 500K, anyway. Oh well, would have been nice.

4. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    I still can’t believe how I lucked out with getting two decently spec’d our trucks for my line of work for a huge discount.

Only down fall was I got them in Canada and they have to sit in a quarantine for 30 days. 2 more weeks and I get to pick them up!!

Oxbow, shooter19802003 and RedForeman Thank this.
  5. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Finally making a move to buy my 2020 Anthem, and ordering the 2022 back in February, will be etched on my tombstone as the smartest thing I did in my life.

So far. LOL

6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Was told about 6 months for a new dump trailer, not really my number one brand pick either, have a few weeks to decide that.

Looking at flatbeds, for what they want for used junk, I can throw even 5k at my old one and still be ahead of the game.

wanted to sell the reefer on the fact that I hate doing reefer, but it’s paid for so if I use it as a beer fridge for the weekends just to keep it running, I atleast have the option to hop markets if things get really bad, which is probably more of a when at this point ib time

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Not to derail the thread but I wouldn't be the first.....I'm hoping I get my new Dane dry van by first quarter of next year. That's what I was promised, worst case. I'm not hanging my hat on that but if it happens and nothing changes then I can probably sell my current Dane dry van 5 years later for MORE than I paid for it.

This covid mad armageddon market is just awesome if you're on the selling end of things.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    If you're locked into the price on trucks you ordered 8 months ago, the trade in prices are great now.

Vampire, bzinger, 86scotty and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I like my old stuff just fine……

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I have no idea when I’ll see it, but it feels good knowing I’m getting April 2021 pricing on the new one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.