Wal-Mart interview

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Bigmanchumbo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bigmanchumbo

Bigmanchumbo Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Susquehanna, Pa
    I have a phone interview scheduled and am wondering if anyone can give me any insight to what kind of questions to expect

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    There are 9 questions my young Grasshopper, wish you well:biggrin_2559:

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. aimhigh

aimhigh Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    TX /USA - Germany -China
    See my post in Question from New Drivers titled Some questions to ask the Recruiter....Just put post up today! good luck

5. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    You have been a member of TTR since Feb 2012 and only made a total of 9 posts and you also stole my profile pic.

6. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Always answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. Just because they make you uncomfortable does not mean that the more you Yap the friendlier you will appear.
    Keep it short and to the point NO BULL if you feel that you could get in trouble answering a Question Do What The Big Thugs Do instead of giving an answer Just Say "I Don't Recall".:biggrin_2555:
    Make sure you have answers that you may know they will ask like previous employment written on a card or a piece of paper.

If they ask you stupid stuff like what makes you a good driver for walmart or why should we hire you then read off the card(Make a List of Why's) Good Driving Record? Length of

experience ? How long you spent @ Last employment? Safety awards? Good inspection records?.On time PU/DL and if you want to distract them from what they are thinking and get there attention diverted in to a subject were they have no idea what you are talking a bout

because they are not truckers they R Just a Pencil Pusher then when asked start talking in detail a bout Pretrip inspections in detail..:biggrin_25523:

the same way it is described in the DMV books or THE FMCR books where it leaves them with that clueless look on their faces but they find themselves Having to agree with what you told them simply because they R Clueless:biggrin_2556: In that Area.

Good Luck

7. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Check out a thread titled walmart here I come by a driver with screen name drozzer69 real insightful of walmart hiring process.

8. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Jrdude5 beat me to it! :biggrin_2551: That has all of it! There is a lot of good reading:biggrin_25517:, once you log into that thread your device will be locked into, It will download to your device and then there will be a 10 page written test after you read it in the allotted time of 1 hour and 12 minutes, :yes2557: So shall we get started???:biggrin_25512:

9. Extreme4x4

Extreme4x4 Medium Load Member

Jul 6, 2013
    LOL, that's funny.

Be honest, as they can see through BS immediately. If you have a stellar record, you should have no problems. For Walmart, honesty is huge. Read Matts thread. Especially the beginning parts. While the phone interview is new, to try to help folks who live a long distance from a DC, the basics of the process are the same. You are not dealing with pencil pushers here. Most have driven............. which is part of the reason why the job is so good. They understand what it takes to get there, and what it is like out there, so you are treated with the respect that you deserve.

Aimhigh, your thread has nothing to do with an initial phone interview for Walmart Transportation. Believe me, you are not interviewing them. They hire the best, and they have a compensation/benefits,driver treatment package that is bettered by very few. This is why for most who get hired here, this is your last job. It will be mine. It is something you work towards in your career. They do not BS you, as they have no need to. There is no recruitment here. You pursue the job. Yes, they will need to hire quite a large number of drivers over the next few years, due to retirement. However, you never have to worry about a bait and switch driver mill. Just look at the CSA scores.

10. TWade

TWade Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Orleans, IN
    Very well said, Extreme4x4 and true.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.