Wal Mart NOT Trucker Friendly

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by satman, Feb 21, 2009.

1. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    My liquid waste goes in a gallon milk jug, I dispose of that in a dumpster or trash can. I NEVER reuse bottles because of the smell... as if sour milk residue wasn't enough.
    Learned that the hard way, poured it out in a dirt lot. Opened the bottle again in rush hour, and the smell... so much for saving the window cleaner... But it improved the smell for an hour.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlueThunder76

BlueThunder76 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    IL
    I admit I have peed in bottles. But have never kicked them out in the parking lots. Just throw them in the plastic garbage bag I have in the truck and throw it away at the next garbage can. I don't think that's so hard. As for parking for big trucks... I used to go to wal mart in Salisaw OK that had designated truck parking or I think it was for a truck. It was big enough anyway. Might have been for RV's though. Nobody bothered me..

4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Went shopping at a super Wally World today, "gasp" in California.

No word of any problems at all.

5. Steve CCC

Steve CCC Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Just another example of why I left driving and why I was happier driving flats over vans and reefers....Truckers let the customers treat you like ####....How many places won't let drivers use the phone or the restroom.....Much less park....I never will forget the first time that we arrived a a customer ..On time for our delivery....And they told us that we had to wait....The uniformed Guard informed us that we would be allowed to wait there..BUT WE COULD NOT SLEEP IN THE TRUCK.....I have been told that is common now...

If the drivers would have just stuck together and told the shippers and receivers NO...along time ago ....We let them treat us...Like we just ruined their day.....By showing up to pick up or deliver ...Their Shipment.....they wouldn't even be in business if not for the trucks and drivers ....

I was treated far better by shippers and receivers driving a flat...Most of the time they seemed glad I was there...

SMTatham Thanks this.
  6. th3hitman316

th3hitman316 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Giant Nation NYC
    My brother told me one time he had an instructor take a crap as he was driving he said he was didnt want to stop and lose any time :biggrin_2554:

7. ghettochild

ghettochild Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2012
    atlanta,ga
    Why when there is 4 truckstops in that area

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Perhaps because Walmart parking lots don't stink of urine dumped on the ground?

-insert name- Thanks this.
  9. biglarry28

biglarry28 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wal Mart parking lots are a crap shoot, I used to run a dedicated run where I met another driver at the Morris, IL Wal Mart and never had a problem, also lots of other trucks parking or meeting there. I know other ones where they are serious about the no truck parking.

10. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    I've only read the first 5 pages of this topic so far, but when I worked at the Walmart in Quakertown PA we always welcomed truck drivers. Would sometimes see them in the front of the store, more often behind the store across the lot from the loading docks. Think the longest I saw a truck there was 2 flatbeds that were behind the store for almost a week. We never chased anybody away or even bothered them. There is PA Act 124 which states 'no idling diesel powered vehicles over 5 tons' though, which we have brought to drivers attention if they were idling. Shortly after I quit walmart (2 years ago this december) the Quakertown store was turned into a supercenter and the parking lot was redesigned a bit (front and back) so I don't know if they are still open to truckers using it for sleepovers. The store is on highway 309 and the lot has a road around it for trucks to use to get to the back of the store and it also leads to a movie theater behind the store. There are also several restaurants and fast food places nearby.

Also when I was helping with a walmart remodel in Warminster PA 3 years ago, I hung up 'no idling' signs around the lot far from the store. I can't imagine they would have had me hanging up 'no idling' signs in the front lot far from the store if they weren't ok with truckers spending the night there.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  11. Ballpoint

Ballpoint Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Their property, their rules. I don't have a problem with this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.