Wal Mart Transportation lay offs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by foggy, Oct 2, 2019.

1. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I have not seen any mention of the company wide lay offs in the transportation offices on here. Seems to be every office is laying off from two to six of their most senior co ordinators and in some of the specialty warehouses they are all being let go. Does this jive with what you are hearing in your sector? Are any managers being let go? Some have over 30 years with the company....heck of a retirement gift:(

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I've been seeing and hearing walmart is hiring driver ads. I've delivered to a few DC's, drivers wanted sign's are posted,

mjd4277 and bigblue19 Thank this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Heard my first walmart looking for drivers ad on the old FM station this year rolling through California NB on I-5

The DC in porterville, ca is looking for driver's they pay up to .84 cents per mile according to the on air ad. I don't imagine one would start out at .84

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    To me the ad sounded more like one can make up to 84k per year.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Getting high pay people out. So they can get lower paid employees. They need to spend the money to fix the roofs on the stores it's ridiculous to go in one with buckets & orange absorbent pads everywhere. Bragging about richest family in us.

7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Hmm during my travels to wm stores and DC's, I don't see that what I see the most is not having enough space to keep up with the demand.

Texas_hwy_287 and Trucker186 Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I haven't seen anything except that they are hiring. Strange.

Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Donttruck

Donttruck Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Walmart has kicked swift and cr England out.
    Ever since Walmart broke up the unions the job pays substandard. My buddy just sold his Pete after 8 yrs at landstar going broke and his checks are a joke at wm. The way the compensation is structured is a joke. The runs have been local crap. 7.00 per 30 minute breaks. Two each day. Paid to drop n hook. 10.00 bucks each. Base hourly rate is 14hour.
    This is broke up my .47 a mile when driving. Do the math. 750 a week has been his chks paid every two weeks. They've got ads for drivers because it's a joke anymore. Same ol crap.

already gone and speedyk Thank this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    There was never a union at Walmart. They were just doing right by their drivers because Sam Walton believed his drivers were the backbone of the business.

Now that those inbred children of his have taken over the business, it's just a money grab while they circle the bowl headed down the drain.

11. Donttruck

Donttruck Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2019
    I agree with ya. Yes there were union drivers at Walmart just not all the DC's were. Never the less, the kids took over, shareholders and investors took over and they are nothing more than a greedy congromelate. Their a joke anymore as well.

Texas_hwy_287, speedyk, foggy and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.