walk away from lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by cdnicholson70, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Thank you I appreciate it. I also apologize if I came off a bit strong. It has been a heck of a 2 years and I am excited to get back into a truck. I also think for now I will stay a company driver. I have a few purchase options open due to some well off family members I just want to get back into it first and see if I still like it as much as I did 2 years ago. Trucking is a great job I enjoy it and look forward to driving again. I start my own new orientation on Monday doing port and rail runs home 4 nights a week and the company already knows my history.

I do 100% agree with you though someone needs a good reason to walk away from a lease you signed that contract.

Best of luck to you as well. We will see you around the board.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX

Good to hear about your recovery..

About a lease plan though, I asked my safety man once about what he thought about them (he'd done a few in his time)..

He said to me "If you can't live on $50 a week, you will fail. Simple as that." Granted he was talking about lease plans like Prime, CRE, etc...

cdnicholson70 Thanks this.
  4. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    I leased with swift and I just notified them and cleaned the truck up nice and detailed it and turned it back in at the phoenix terminal where I got it. No dings on my credit report or anything. Just don't leave it anywhere or you will get an abandonment. I did good leasing until the truck started breaking constantly and put me in the hole, figured I would have no problems with a new truck but I was wrong. Good luck to the OP.

Sharpp and cdnicholson70 Thank this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Doesn't anyone have their lease agreements looked at by a lawyer and have the lawyer explain it to them?

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  6. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I' was married, took a check to Freightliner and said I want this. Had a lease lined up already. Paid the other 6,000.00 in a year. Ramen noodles made me that way. Getting angry is a bad idea in trucking, leads to problems. Don't need three houses anyway.

7. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I read folks wrong sometimes, I can drop there trailer and go home. Shut my fuel card off. Can't shut my wallet off. I'm never that far from home.

8. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    The VERY worst thing you can do ...IS RUIN YOUR CREDIT! I'd look and find SOMETHING I could do to make it work until you are free, Or get legal advice. A lot of people fall for the lease options,but nothing you can do about that now just find a way to protect yourself and your future.

WARNING: you HAVE to have good credit in this life,just the way it is.

cdnicholson70 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  9. cdnicholson70

cdnicholson70 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Everything i own is paid for. Also, I pay cash for everything. I have not used credit in many years. Always someone willing to deal without going thru credit bureau or banks :)

10. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!!!!!!

11. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Well ...from your post it seems you fancied the idea of being a business person,so if that's the case you'll need credit. Hand shakes and back room deals won't cut it here. Credit IS needed. I know that a lot of drivers do just that...just drive. But if your goals are to be an O/O or more,there's no way around it.i don't know how old you are,but hopefully you are young enough to start taking your credit seriously bc when you show credit worthiness ,it sure opens a lot of doors that would otherwise be closed.

Good luck and safe travels

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.