Walk-away lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Badmon, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    No matter how good it looks on paper, or sounds coming from a representative of the company. There is always some legal jargon, that is in the lease paperwork that one does not understand. If the lease, or lease purchase were so great, and on the up and up. A company would be willing to send/fax a copy of the entire lease to a perspective new employee, so he/she could let a Lawyer look it over for any legal loopholes.

wheres da $$$ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Every company I asked sent me a copy of thier lease ... Lease language is pretty simple and straight forward. If you need a lawyer to explain it to you, you probably don't have the wherewithal to be running a business.

You hit the right nail though. People fail at leases because they don't know what they're doing. Part of that is they think, act and expect to be treated as employees. They're not. They're a business partner. They have to know how to run a business and how to be a business partner.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  4. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    lot of mention of trainers and training
    it says it all
    need to get way past that phase

5. Mista Hoppa

Mista Hoppa Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2019
    Is it easier for a new OO to get insurance on their own or leasing on with a company ?

6. sirjeff

sirjeff Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Kelowna, BC
    Just ask your friend one thing.....

If it's so good and theres no risk, why would the company be passing this opportunity to him and anyone else with a pulse that hasn't learned the ropes and proven their worth? What makes him so special?

Trucking companies are greedy. Why would they want to share their slice of the pie? They dont! They do however, like to defer employment expenses and pass risk and liability down the line in the form of this shined up turd they broadly call "a lease"

The greater the financial risk the greater the financial reward. Without any REAL skin in the game, all he's doing is paying their junk off, assuming liability, and subsidizing their income.

He should come on here and read. Read, read, read, until his eyeballs bleed.

7. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    I think Donald trump and Warren buffet started out leasing a truck and they both are rich now

feldsforever and wheres da $$$ Thank this.
  8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    That's a otr tanker company good company but look at those Payments

Attached Files:

blairandgretchen and Badmon Thank this.
  9. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    he cracks jokes on me because im always referring to this site when we're talkin trucks. but I know he secretly lurks. hes probably reading this thread right now

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Seriously, what could possibly go wrong?

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    He mentioned a trainer. ATS doesn't train.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.