Walk-away lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Badmon, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    You got that right. From what I've seen they will hand keys to just about anyone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    They have good and bad drivers just like every other company.

4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Unfortunately they sent us some of the special ones:(

5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Come to the tanker side we got cookies and hugs and we train!! Also up to 15k bonus depending on company

6. Trucker T

Trucker T Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    In January of 2020 no one with less then 2 years experience will be allowed too train per new fmca regulation, which I fully support. Should be 5 years but 2 is far better then the 3 too 6 months it takes at some of these mega carriers.

just_sayin Thanks this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Got a link to this?

8. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    I don't know about a walk away lease I'm more familiar with a runaway lease.
    If you're not familiar with that, that's where a company tries to lease you an old truck that you'll never get to own the way they got the contract written up. but you're smart enough to run away and tell them to shove it.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I couldn't find a minimum of 2 years required to be a trainer on FMCSA website.

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I googled it myself and came up with nothing, that's why I was asking for the link...

I'm guessing it's just hearsay....

11. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    This is what I found FMCSA trainer requirements.

The requirements of this section apply to CMV entry-level driver training programs that train, or expect to train, more than three entry-level drivers per year. Such providers must, at a minimum, meet the requirements of this section and offer a curriculum that meets all FMCSA curriculum standards for CMV drivers set forth in § XXX.XX. Training providers shall attest and, upon request, supply documentary evidence to verify, that they meet the following requirements. Such evidence may take the form of documents described after each item in the checklist below, or comparable documentation.
    COURSE ADMINISTRATION
    AllTraining providers must require that all accepted applicants must “meet minimum DOT, state/provincial, federal and/or local law and regulations related to drug screens, age, physical condition, licensing, and driving record. ( 49 CFR, Part 391 ) [Accepted.]
    Training provider ask: [Provide attestation (if self-certified)/demonstrate (if third party certified)] that training provider complies with above requirement.
    Suggested documentation: A copy of the training provider’s policy setting forth eligibility requirements for trainee applicants.
    INSTRUCTIONAL PERSONNEL
    Instructors must meet the educational and experience guidelines set forth by FMCSA Instructor Qualification Requirements, including:
    On-road trainers must be experienced drivers. On-road trainers must maintain a driving record that meets applicable state/provincial requirements, school policy, and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
    Experienced driver means a CMV driver with experience driving with a CDL of the appropriate (or higher) class and with all endorsements necessary to operate the CMVs for which training is to be provided and who:
    (1) has driven at least [XXX] hours; or
    (2) has at least [1 year or 2 years] of experience driving; or
    (32) has at least [X = implementation period minus 1 or 2 years] years of experience as an on-road CMV trainer; and
    (43) meets all applicable State training requirements for CMV trainers.
    On-road trainers must have completed training in the on-road portion of the curriculum in which they are instructing.
    Trainers must have a state/provincial teaching license or permit, if required.
    Any theory/classroom trainers who are not CDL holders must have audited or instructed that portion of the driver-training course that he/she intends to instruct. [Accepted.]
    Training provider ask:
    Please document the experience and qualifications of your instructional personnel. [Objective criteria for evaluating experience and qualifications welcome.]
    Suggested documentation: Reliable documentary evidence indicating driving and/or training experience of trainers (with personal information redacted); copies of CDL and/or applicable endorsements held by on-road trainers.
    TRAINING VEHICLES
    Vehicles All training vehicles must be in safe mechanical condition and those that are . Vehicles used for on -road training must comply with applicable federal/state/provincial safety requirements. ( 49 CFR, Part 396 )
    Eligibility Requirements for Institutional Driver Training Programs - comparison

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.