Walked out on mentor

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rolldice25, Jul 26, 2022.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I'd be down for a little rule breaking, but during training I'm paid hourly, so I was essentially working for free, and being run into the ground.

Straight talk, hand…it may be offensive, but that wasn’t the purpose of my post:

Your trainer read you correct. All the dirt that you mentioned in your first post, he’s a dirty rat. But he knows that you like to be dirty too. The thing is, he knew that he could drag your arse through the mud and you wouldn’t do anything. He KNEW that you would allow it. How did he know? If I were you, I would figure out how that fool knew that he could drag you through the mud. Why? Because if you don’t figure it out, it will happen again. And again. Until you learn.

How did he gain access to your personal info? There should be a way for you to log in with the code that your DM gave you and change it to something that no one else knows. Keep your business YOUR business, k? And next time some fool is doing something you don’t like, be it the AC or your logs, or whatever, CHECK HIM IMMEDIATELY. People are only going to do what you allow. If it ain’t cool, don’t be cool with it. Got it?

Luck in battle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rolldice25

rolldice25 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Thanks for that. It was my first day, and the first thing he asked me for was my last 4 of my social. A few days later, I noticed that he had memorized it.

Over the phone though, before I even met him, he mentioned using passing mode to speed over the governor. I don't know if I look a little shady, but I'll try to avoid it by looking sharp and nipping these things in the bud

4. rolldice25

Jul 26, 2022
    He also had loud conversations over the phone mentioning that he's a "gangbanger, only outside work though" I think this was meant to intimidate me. He would randomly start yelling all the time too during a conversation.

5. rolldice25

Jul 26, 2022
    And by the time I remembered that I wasn't supposed to share that number, it was too late. Won't make that mistake again

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The serial killer never tells anyone that he’s a killer. Navy seals and special forces do not hang out at lunch counters. The toughest guy in the bar is never the loudest guy in the bar.

7. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    You gave your road trainer your driver code, the password, and your social security number.

What the hell?

Did you let him use your credit card too?

8. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    We both know that the majority of drivers are bending rules to maximize time and to get the most out of their clocks. In fact, I would say that it is exceedingly rare for a driver to adhere 100% to the laws and bylaws of HOS.

What is really being lost here that OP is trying to say is that it would be a different story if he and his trainer were being paid equally and together made a choice to skirt rules for the sake of getting more miles/loads. It's a valid point that his trainer is exploiting the fact that the trainer is a de facto manager.

9. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    You really think that there is a way to change the login code for e-logs? It's set by the company so that safety personnel are able to get in and access. How do you think they edit logs when needed? My trainer knew my login. My trainer drove on my hours sometimes so that I would be able to sleep and still get hours toward completion of training. To be clear, there is not a way to change the login for e-logs from the the in-cab device.

Dude had a garbage trainer. It's the vast majority of us that would have done the same thing the OP did in just following what the trainer says. It doesn't seem so bad until suddenly you realize that the person is manipulating and exploiting the situation. 100% on the trainer for not taking care of his trainee.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    My reply was to a targeted audience. My apologies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.