WALMART Drivers laid off at UPS as Feeder Driver.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by QotisFiya, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, I would go back to UPS. That fat pension and retirement benefits may be a lifesaver in retirement. Can live the good life in old age.
    Instant gratification at Walmart is only temporary.

Bud A. and QotisFiya Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QotisFiya

QotisFiya Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Walmart just called me today right before I’m putting in my two week notice. offered me a dedicated run 4AM with weekends off. Crazy how I been doubting Walmart. I do enjoy the freedom I have at Walmart with my own truck. I called my on road supervisor at UPS and she told me I’ll possibly get laid off again in January. I’m at a new distribution center that hasn’t opened yet at Wally. I don’t pay no bills currently. I can stay at Walmart and stack up 5k a month or I can go back to UPS and struggle in hopes I make the money I can make if I stay there. I already lost my insurance at UPS. Only way I was surviving was cause I ran sleepers the last 2 years. But they got rid of all sleepers and all the last runs that stayed, top seniority drivers got them. The devil is playing with me lol

Rugerfan and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Live frugally and bank the money if you stay at Walmart.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. QotisFiya

QotisFiya Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    still leaning toward UPS. I’ll never get to be off the street hire again especially in Dallas. If I leave that’s it lol. And that’s good advice also.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    They are closing the cheese plant where my son works. Just got told today. All those local trucking companies that have contracts that haul tanker to that plant are going to be in the world of hurt. All those truck drivers looking for jobs. This is happening throughout the country. Freight rates are what they are, I would think it would be odd looking for a temporary job, that will probably lay you off as there is less demand in freight next year after the holidays, over quitting one that steady and is a private fleet such as Walmart….

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Stick with Walmart!!!!! Lol I'm over being a cheerleader. You'll get to all of those benefits and pay if you stay there, and you'll never get laid off. You doubted them and they pulled through for you. You're making really good money already and thats only going to increase. I am thinking what if you go to UPS and they lay you off again? You gotta part ways permanently with one or the other in my view, and I say why not part ways with the one that parted ways with you?

8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    He's a full-time off the street hire. He isn't doing peak seasonal, at least the way I read it.

9. QotisFiya

QotisFiya Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Correct, and the ones who were called back and didn’t say yes are getting terminated. That wasn’t told to no one . I just can’t seem them bringing back over 20 drivers laid off just to lay them off again back in January. At least that would Definitely make more of them quit for sure.

10. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Once you have received your registered letter of recall you have 10 days to report.
    If you do not report you will be removed for the seniority list.
    It's pretty clear in black and white.
    If you're going to work under a contract one should read it and know it.

BennysPennys and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I'm gonna be a minute until I have some time to respond at length at work. I think I've missed some nuance here.

Cardfan89 and BennysPennys Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.