Walmart grocery dc

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by t68mike, Mar 3, 2017.

1. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Maybe not as a new driver on the new pay scale, but none of the changes have affected my pay at all, in fact, with the elimination of the FLW I'm making more, and I'll make more still when the set runs cease, which make many more good runs available that were being 'reserved' for other drivers. I know they're upset, but I'm not. Better and more good runs, better miles, more money for us all. I'm doing better than ever, and will do even better after the upcoming realignment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    After all the perks are taken away from the guys who’ve been here a while and now you may get a few of those runs from time to time this will be the peak, there’s no more moving up from here as the industry catches up. I don’t believe for a second you’re making way more than what you have earlier this year as our work always goes from busy one week to backhauls with liveloads the next.

Puppuller 57 Thanks this.
  4. BackIsSore

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Don’t give me that manure you make a ton more money on GR loads either where you have to spend half an hour to find brain dead associates to unload your truck than another hour for stoned associates to unload a few pallets.

It’s a real shame how some of you guys keep telling yourselves everything is alright when you know deep down this gig may not be the thing it is now in a few years.

Triumph 1 and Puppuller 57 Thank this.
  5. Extreme4x4

Extreme4x4 Medium Load Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Face it, no matter how hard you try, you are failing to make many as miserable as you are. I call it "pissing in the wind". Walmart does not have chains on anyone. You are free to go do something that makes you happy. Hopefully you will find out whatever that is, soon. :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Reason for edit: added text
  6. BackIsSore

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    To those that have never really had a good driving job this is a cake walk, we get it. But those of us who've always worked for top paying jobs know when things are getting fishy. No bored house wives should be telling drivers out here to just suck it up and act as if we're making up lies.

drvrtech77 and Puppuller 57 Thank this.
  7. Extreme4x4

Extreme4x4 Medium Load Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Who is this "we" that you refer to? Do you have a turd in your pocket? My check has not changed. It's painful here. They made me eat this for days in a row. IMG_20171204_1741410.jpg

Attached Files:

8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    gro dc

9. BackIsSore

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    That's great. Best not to quit because they cooked you an average chunk of meat on a paper plate. Did you carry that back to your sleeper and hide with the curtains closed or go home to your family after a day at work? I can go elsewhere and easily make more money and be home daily having my wife cook me a steak instead.

Puppuller 57 and Triumph 1 Thank this.
  10. Triumph 1

Triumph 1 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Im at home making my own barbeque watching green bay vs panthers

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  11. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    We will be BBQ'ing later. In this house, I do the brines and marinades, and he does the BBQ and Smoker. We do a mean pulled pork and are going to start working on a great smoked turkey. It takes time to perfect the recipe.

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is pretty condescending to refer to the wifey at home as a "bored housewife," and/or to expect her to cook everything for him when home. Maybe we are weird, but we are a partnership in this house. Maybe that is why our marriage has worked so well, for so long.

However, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It must be a miserable existence to be that miserable. It is obvious that some work very hard at it. It is amazing that they have time for anything else.

billthetrucker, Coover and NYVET Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.