Walmart here I come 2.0

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckdriver31, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm out of Sacramento (McClellan Park). We primarily support the DC's in McCarran and Red Bluff, but also venture into SoCal, Oregon, Washington and AZ or UT on occasion.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Have an onboarding date set for the Centralia yard in January down in Red Bluff. Obviously nothing is set in stone yet, but just kind of curious how red bluff operates. I’ve good and bad about Red Bluff. Grew up west of Redding so I’ve always been curious of them.

lual Thanks this.
  4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Red Bluff is a GM DC, and there is usually minimal waiting for dispatches from that DC. As far as everything else..shop, facilities, office..no complaints. As a Centralia driver, you'd probably be running more out of Grandview (food) and Hermiston (GM). I rarely ever see any PNW drivers at Red Bluff, and when I'm up at Hermiston or Grandview, see plenty of Red Bluff or Sacramento drivers. BTW, Centralia is a drop/transfer yard much like Sacramento. Not an actual DC, but set up to support the surrounding region and other local DC's.

Hope that helps. Good luck with onboarding should you commit to WM.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I knew it was a drop yard, and the recruiter made it sound like you’ll basically bounce from DC to DC and to stores. Sounded like they move a lot of stuff from DC to DC as well

Treputt Thanks this.
  6. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    How’s everything and everyone doing. Hope all is well

ConsciousTrucker Thanks this.
  7. Jax Graddy

Jax Graddy Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2020
    Georgia
    Hey WMPF drivers! Quite a good thread. I've read other threads about WMPF, and I started reading this thread and got about 5 pages in and a question popped into my head. I didn't want to read (221 - 5 = ) 216 threads just to see if the question was answered. Here goes.

Do the Walmart DCs have a "Driver's Center?" And if so, could someone describe them to some degree? If the DCs have a driver's center, is it reserved for just drivers? I'm assuming random DC employees would not be in there. Bathrooms? Showers? Food? Do all the DCs have a driver's center?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  8. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    heard there's showers, food (sometimes takeout meals from fast food places), Joe Biden whispering sweet things into your ear with a request not to tell mommy! parking for a 10 & bathrooms... WMT doesn't seem that bad if you join the evil empire & play rage against the machine in the early AM to get your mojo going!

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    All Gm(general merchandise) dc’s have showers. Some may still have a little restaurant. Yes on parking. Grocery dc’s are a hit or miss on showers. I personally haven’t seen a restaurant in them. Parking yes

Loudstacks Thanks this.
  10. ConsciousTrucker

ConsciousTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Next-to-last day of training with a CDT, and I just cleared my first $506 workday!

All is well, indeed.

rollin coal and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  11. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    That nice. Great job

ConsciousTrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.