Walmart here I come 2.0

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckdriver31, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm out of Sacramento (McClellan Park). We primarily support the DC's in McCarran and Red Bluff, but also venture into SoCal, Oregon, Washington and AZ or UT on occasion.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Have an onboarding date set for the Centralia yard in January down in Red Bluff. Obviously nothing is set in stone yet, but just kind of curious how red bluff operates. I’ve good and bad about Red Bluff. Grew up west of Redding so I’ve always been curious of them.

4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Red Bluff is a GM DC, and there is usually minimal waiting for dispatches from that DC. As far as everything else..shop, facilities, office..no complaints. As a Centralia driver, you'd probably be running more out of Grandview (food) and Hermiston (GM). I rarely ever see any PNW drivers at Red Bluff, and when I'm up at Hermiston or Grandview, see plenty of Red Bluff or Sacramento drivers. BTW, Centralia is a drop/transfer yard much like Sacramento. Not an actual DC, but set up to support the surrounding region and other local DC's.

Hope that helps. Good luck with onboarding should you commit to WM.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I knew it was a drop yard, and the recruiter made it sound like you’ll basically bounce from DC to DC and to stores. Sounded like they move a lot of stuff from DC to DC as well

Treputt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted