Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taipan

Taipan Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2014
    1st year last year made 98000 driving for the private fleet Anyone that's gets a chance to join us don't look back

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justified2014

Justified2014 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Taipan, that my friend, is a lot of money.

4. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    Can anyone give a quick reply as to how wal-mart wants their backing skills road trip to go. Im guessing the proper order is something like get out of the truck to look at where your backing into. 4 ways on, window down (seat belt on or off) backing up slowly and in control. If unsure if there is still room, get out and check again. Something like this? Probable taking the driving part of my hiring this week.

5. mruffin

mruffin Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    That sums it up pretty good. Do the pre trip like you did getting your cdl. Needs to be a full inspection. Always use 3 points of contact getting in and out of truck. Just rolling out forward will get you an automatic fail.

6. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    Explain rolling out forward if you can. Never heard that term.
    thanks

7. mruffin

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    When you just open the door and walk down the steps forward. I use to do it a lot at my last job was always in a hurry. Big no no with walmart.

8. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    Gotcha. Never got out of the truck like that anyway.. always hand on wheel, grab handle and steps. Appreciate the information mruffin. Brushed up on my pre-trip and coupling and un-coupling.
    Any other advice?

9. mruffin

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    I always grabbed onto inside door handle and rail on outside of door just wasn't always backwards. Don't forget inspection on trailer, permit book and driver inspection report on pre trip. You get six pull ups on backing portion. It's a tight squeeze , they fit them trailers in tight at the dc. Most important just relax be yourself.

Justified2014 Thanks this.
  10. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    ....and.....you CAN slide the tandems back before backing up if needed. A lot of drivers do not know this and sometimes struggle getting the 53' trailer in the slot due to the overhang.

Justified2014 Thanks this.
  11. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    Thank you gentlemen, appreciate your input. It's been a long time using equipment other then my own and I got into a rhythm doing some things a little different. Had to re learn a few basic steps that I tended to forgotten. LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.