Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justified2014

Justified2014 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Tom, reading a few of the topics, you mentioned something about being inactive a few weeks back. You referred to an earlier post regarding EEOC etc...Hope everything is good now. Was curious about the disability thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tintin

tintin Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2014
    far west texas
    How long will wally world keep u out?

4. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    I am still inactive and my case is being mediated. All will be good in the end. :)

5. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Tap your horn too....

6. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    You will be out for the week tintin....use up your 70.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  7. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Hello...anybody out there...? Well, things HAVE been busy, at least for anywhere that has gotten snow and snow and then snow followed by some snow, more snow and then if all the snow wasn't enough, we got some...snow. I've really enjoyed driving on dry roads and nothing coming out of the sky for my week out this trip. Have REALLY had enough of the snow, the snow, and especially the snow!

Tom...what happened with you? You can pm me to keep private (or tell me it's none of my business too LOL...just concerned. You mentioned 'mediation' which usually
    isn't good. Hope everything is ok anyway).

Well...looks like things might be getting back to normal somewhat. The weather in the North East had put us so far behind we ran out of Walmart trailers! We were pulling trailers from Swift, JB Hunt, Werner, Celedon...you name it. Looks weird when you see a Walmart truck going down the road with a Swift trailer (embarrassing too LOL). And let the 'Walmart is going under so they're doing work for other companies' rumors begin. I'm sure they already have. I never take a roll-up door for granted...and it sucks to have to open the doors before backing in the dock...LOL. Roll-ups will definitely spoil one.

Oh well...just wanted to say hi to everyone and maybe give some life to this comatose thread. Be safe all.

Tom, again, hope everything turns out in your favor. Be thinking bout ya.

8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Jim, in a nutshell, I am medically qualified to return to driving (per my doctor and a DOT certified medical examiner) and Walmart's safety department disagrees. I took this matter to the EEOC to first try to mediate, which Walmart has yet to agree to (they have about 10 more days to decide), and if they decide not to mediate or we cannot come to an agreement, then it will go on to Federal court for a judge and jury to decide. I feel optimistic about the outcome based on existing law and my actual medical condition. That is why I feel all will be good in the end. :)

9. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Glad to see that the snow has not made you disappear Jim. My uncle has been enjoying being back to work now for three weeks. He told me y'all are pulling other trailers. The problem is we have way too many trailers down here lol! No we are not gonna give them back either! Down in the valley right now and almost Friday!

10. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    Drozzer69 your based out of Sealy Tx. Im in the running for a position out of New Braunfels. Could you give me some ideas of destinations that they might send me to if based out of New Braunfels. Current job i ran to the valley , laredo, victoria austin killeen temple etc. Hoping to still be in that general area as Im not familiar with truck stops, etc further up north.

11. Justified2014

Mar 8, 2014
    By the way, I have my interview, pre-trip and driving test schedualed for the 25th of this month. Hopefully, I'll pass all three tests. Spoke with Jerry from HR as Patty was off today. Not sure if you know them or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.