Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justified2014

Justified2014 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    if you can't park in a Walm art ov.ernight where do you go to find a place to layover. Do you end up trying to get out of the city. I've never had to deal with noise ordinance in south texas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Basically you plan it out to try and stay at a store, Dc, or truck stop as a last resort. Wal~mart has so many stores and are adding more every year that it really is not difficult to plan a layover.

Justified2014 Thanks this.
  4. mruffin

mruffin Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    well over half way through orientation. i tell you one thing they go out of their way to make you feel wanted and appreciated thats for sure. its alot of info to take in but i think once i get on my own im gonna really like it here. just about every driver that has come in to get their bills have come in to meet us new guys and welcome us to the fleet.

interpreter and drozzer69 Thank this.
  5. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Like all jobs though some of the old guys gripe like they're hauling grain for $.18 a mile (what I started at).

interpreter, mruffin and Extreme4x4 Thank this.
  6. Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Grand Rapids MI
    Hey Justfied I've only been with Spring Valley Il 6 weeks driving I've stayed in one truck stop, the showers at the DC"s we go to are very nice, we have two full time maintance guys who do a fantastic job of keeping them clean. They also give you a Master Card you can buy a shower ant time you want, but I'm through a terminal most times twice a day so I've not had to do that either. I worried about this a bit I don't like not getting a shower, but I've not missed one yet...

interpreter Thanks this.
  7. Roadhogg

Roadhogg Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Brunswick, Ohio
    Hi guys, I got my second call yesterday!! Going for GTM interview and possible pre trip roadtest. I have a couple questions. I know to pre trip til they are sick of you pre tripping. Do they let you use a tire thumper or do they prefer an air gauge? Also do they provide wheel chaulks? And have any of you used a break buddy to test the brake chambers? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks guys!!

interpreter Thanks this.
  8. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    congrats.... no chocks needed , just mention the brake chambers....

things commonly forgotten, remove fuel cap check gasket/ o ring non leaking cap, permit, dvir book, trailer registration, heater blower fan works for defrost . just to name a few. before backing get out and look and blow the horn before proceeding, do not stop or shift gears crossing RR tracks, do not pass anyone on the right, and dont hit no curbs.

Roadhogg Thanks this.
  9. Roadhogg

Roadhogg Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Brunswick, Ohio
    Thanks grabberblue, I was told when you hook to trailer to back to it then get out and look before actually hooking and also wal-mart leaves landing gear 3" up, so you drop your air and hook up and let the tractor lift the trailer.

10. Justified2014

Justified2014 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Is there any coupling/uncoupling. And if so what are they looking for in that regard.

11. Roadhogg

Roadhogg Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Brunswick, Ohio
    What about the tire thumper vs air gauge?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.