Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    thumper is fine... and yes stop before actually backing under the trailer and get out and check. the problem we have is a lot of dedicated pull our trailers and some dont know how to drop them. Run into a lot of trailers being dropped way to high. all fifth wheel jaws on our trucks are also painted white to help see them verifying they are locked.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Roadhogg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justified2014

Justified2014 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    So when you guys went to your interview. ..you brought along tire gauges, flashlight , gloves etc?

4. grabberblue12

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    show up in dress clothes, bring a change of clothes with you for pre trip and gloves and tire thumper. Our safety guy will loan you gloves and a thumper if needed. I am sure they all will.

Roadhogg Thanks this.
  5. mruffin

mruffin Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    The safety manager from new braunfels done our safety training this week. He's a really nice guy, use to be a driver at sealy . But I will tell you one thing he's definitely by the book. So be prepared but just be yourself . he's pretty easy to talk to. Remember they are also testing your personality and how you come across.

6. mruffin

mruffin Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    springfield,mo
    One more thing I found out in orientation today. The top paid new guy last year in sealy made 110000 in his first year. So you can make the money here if your willing to put in the work.

7. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Does anyone know what DC runs the Valley in Tx and where us Seallys running area thx

8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    A member of my church here in Friendswood, TX spent 28 years working for Walmart and was a Vice President when he left in 2011. The reason he left was because what Walmart management was really doing behind the scenes was conflicting with his deep faith in Christ. Today, he is an operator for Chick-fil-a, a company with deep Christian beliefs who walk the walk and talk the talk. He and I talked quite a bit about the "behind the scenes" part of Walmart at a weekend church retreat 2 weeks ago, so my situation with Walmart and the EEOC is not an isolated incident, but rather business as usual for many managers at Walmart who think they do not have to obey certain laws. As far as safety, Walmart Transportation does it right, but do not assume others at Walmart will have your back if you ever put them in a position that requires them to respect your rights and obey the law. "Respect for the individual" is just a cliche at Walmart.

Mike, you are being profiled to see whether or not you will show up on their trouble radar in the future. Keep this in mind and not be blinded by the honeymoon of the job. Two high level managers in Sealy currently have charges pending against them by the EEOC for discrimination. I hope you never experience the dark side that exists among many managers at Walmart. Doing things right in regards to safety does not give them a pass for what they do wrong.

9. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I just looked at my last pay sheet and brought my checkbook up to date.......91.9 cents per mile average for that pay period. ( I am topped out on pay) happy, happy, happy!:biggrin_25525: (it is all in the activity, not the miles)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  10. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Yes, WalMart is "big business" now. Sam is long gone, but it still pays good and they treat you right. In 16 years, the only people I've seen get in trouble, get fired, get treated bad, would have got the same treatment anywhere else. That is just my personal experience, not saying that is always the case, but I'd bet it is the case most times. Else the turnover rate would be a lot higher. Some people just don't know how to get along and think their $%^& don't stink. And yes, some times it is just a personality clash.......pride usually figures in somewhere.....ever seen the word pride used in a positive manner in the Bible?? (the answer is NO for those of you who don't want to look it up.) And, I've seen good management and bad as well. That too is everywhere you go. That's life folks, get over it cause it ain't gonna change.

11. grabberblue12

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    Business is just that, you do what your asked to do and do it right you will be fine. Thats anywhere as long as your working for someone else. Everyone including Walmart has the same objective thats to make money. 15 months into this job now i have no regrets-and not looking back. I play by their rules and do whats expected of me and have had no problems just big paychecks . Oh yeah and just got a fat safety bonus on this check.......

Extreme4x4 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.