Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Welcome aboard, you'll like it here!

4. Pocket change

Pocket change Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Thanks guys. I'm looking Foward to
    it

5. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    HeyI love this trend back in January I have plywood Walmart I passed a pre-trip through test the background check the whole 9 yards I had a small little fender bender May 10, 2012 my company said it was non-preventable I said it was a non-preventable I did get a ticket took the ticket to court and the judge agreed with me and through the ticket out at the end the safety department Walmart wanted to see the police report and they said in their eyes it was a preventable accident so I would not eligible to be hired I didn't want to argue with the ladies because I didn't want to get blackballed onreapply in at a later date so my three years from the time of the minor little fender bender will be up on May 10, 2015 and I will be reapply my question is I live in South Texas which is the better of the DC's new bronze full or Sealy

6. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Sealy. You have a better chance of getting on a program than NB.

7. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks guys you have been a great help over the past year or so

8. billthetrucker

billthetrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Northeast Wisconsin
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I just finished my first couple of weeks running out of the Beaver Dam, WI DC. This job is GREAT! I work with a bunch of great people, drive excellent equipment and am really enjoying my new job. Thanks for all the advice you guys provided. Welcome to WALMART!!

drozzer69, WallyWife and NYVET Thank this.
  9. rkcaves08

rkcaves08 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I live in Atlanta GA, I have 20 years experience. I am wanting to apply for Walmart but I don't see that they are hiring in GA for OTR. Can someone tell should I apply to any location and hope they transfer me or can someone explain to me how it would work. Thanks in advance

10. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Keep an eye on the DC you want to apply to, though you might not see an opening for some time, perhaps even years. You can apply to any other DC that has an opening, then you will be ELIGIBLE to transfer as of midnight on your one-year anniversary. However, there must be an opening where you want to transfer to, so you might have to wait quite some time before you would be ABLE to transfer, so consider the distance very carefully when making the decision to apply out of your area, ask yourself if you could make a long-distance prospect work for you. The warmer climate DC's do not have the movement that the ones in the North have, so you could wait years beyond your one-year eligibility date. I live 4.5 hours from my DC but with a 6 on/3 off it works for me and I'm not going to transfer even though there is a DC 2 hours closer. I'm just happy where I am and being on the program I have. Good luck.

11. middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Agreed. I am 3 hrs transit to my DC and the 6/3 works perfectly for me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.