Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    no cameras as of yet and if they do appear they will be forward facing only from what we have been told. I absolutely have no problem with that as they may save your job. I dont think we will ever see them because they can be as damaging as helpful .

you would have no problem doing 85k your first year

Harb and Buzzard2157 Thank this.
  4. middleoftheroad

Oct 20, 2014
    I also heard some cams might be mounted on sides to check during lane changes or similar activity

I'm thinking 85k for first year might a little optimistic on a 5/2, 5/3 or 6/3 program, just a little though.

5. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    My husband did 80K on his first year, and that was with a steep learning curve for the computer (had never used any computerized equipment before).

For the Buckeye DC, all of your start times are in the mornings, with the latest being 12:00 (what my husband has, which works good since we are 120 miles from the DC). The earliest is 6:00am I believe.

Harb, I understand that it is hard to believe that it can be this good, but it is even better than you think. Where these drivers are starting at, most jobs do not come close to topping out at. Also, you really cannot believe how stress free of a job it is, and how well you are treated. It truly is a different world. Plus, they pay you to sleep in your truck. :D

Buzzard2157 and crackerboy Thank this.
  6. Harb

Harb Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is Harb's wife. I appreciate so much all the information you are giving us. This is a hug decision and we are trying to make the right one. How do you handle the day to day things that happen knowing that your husband will not be home for 5 days? We don't get a lot of time together now because of his job but he is at home to sleep and take care of things at least a hour or two each day. That really is my biggest concern and the money of course. Just change in general is hard and he has a great job with Federal Express and of course the security. Anything you can add from the wife position to me would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you for all your help and answering questions for us.

Buzzard2157 Thanks this.
  7. middleoftheroad

Oct 20, 2014
    Questions,
    Is the only reason he's taking this job for financial gain?

Are you a one or two income household?

8. Harb

Harb Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It would really be to get out of working two jobs as well as yes financial gain and when he works both jobs which averages about two to three weekends a month we are together really only one night a week. We are a two income household right now.

9. middleoftheroad

Oct 20, 2014
    My wife asked those questions. She stepped out right now for a bit.

I can assure you, he won't have to work two jobs again. Guaranteed. If he did, it's not this job's fault.

I work 6/3. I just got home last night. Spent time and dinner with my two young children and wife. They are in school right now, kindergarten and 7th. I do all I can in my 3 days off. When I need more, I take the time off. You adapt. My wife tells me all the time, "it's what it is now so we can be better tomorrow". If my wife wasn't good with it, I wouldn't be at Wal-Mart. Trust me, if you are secure and strong in your marriage, coming home is a special day anyway.

10. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Does anyone know if walmart runes nyc out of Pottsville pa thx

11. middleoftheroad

Oct 20, 2014
    You'll get there likely. You don't just stay at a single dc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.