Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    You will certainly enjoy the culture of respect at Walmart. It really is unlike pretty much any other trucking company out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    Anybody on here use to be an O/O that's works for Walmart now? I'm giving it up and I got a phone interview tomorrow if I get approved for orientation I'm done with being an O/O to many bad days than good lately. 12 years exp never had a accident perfect driving record. Any info would be cool thanks.

4. middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2014
    There are many, many O/O driving for Wal-Mart.

grabberblue12 Thanks this.
  5. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    I was an owner operator for 16 years before I came to Walmart - best thing I ever did!!! No more worrying about repairs, the price of fuel, etc. And, at least in my case, my take home is very close to what I was doing as an owner op. But that is just the beginning of what is special about working for the private fleet. You learn very quickly that your experience and safety habits are REALLY appreciated here. It doesn't take long to become spoiled with how well you are treated here! Somebody asked me the other day if I missed it. I replied missed what!!

middleoftheroad Thanks this.
  6. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    That's good to hear sir thanks. I got a road test next week out in Smyrna,de. are the Walmart trucks a simple 10 speed? I drive a 18 eaton fuller. Haven't had to do a road test for nobody in years LOL. I'm sure I'll do fine just no free wheeling right.

7. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    You'll do fine. All the manual's are straight 10's, as far as I know. Just do what you've done all these years to get to this point. Good luck next week.

8. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    What is this private fleet I'm keep hearing about? Also how long is the road trip for and if I get pass that stuff what's next? Thanks. By the way recruitment appreciate this thread good job everybody it really help people to make a decision and prepare for Walmart.

9. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Been lurking but not wanting to say anything. Did my phone interview this morning. Now just gotta wait for Smyrna to call to set something up. Gotta get that dreaded HazMat and hopefully my communistic state of MD doesn't take too long for their process. They do things on their time. Now just gotta relearn the book method of the PTI. You know how we get into our own zone of doing it. Hope I get someone that has a little leniency on the road test too as I've been in an auto for the past two years. Already have a old WM number as I was on loan to them for awhile so when HR said when I go out there they will show me how their operation works. Told her I already had some insight to that and that is why I applied when Smyrna opened up.

10. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Tc, where in MD are you?

11. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    Edgewater,md south of Annapolis I'm about 65 miles from the Smyrna DC. So we have to do the pre-trip exactly like the MVA manual or close to it like name all the part,start from the front,air alarm test etc?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.