Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks dude i am hoping for the best

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Sounds good! Best of luck to you woodenleg!

As far as the 9 questions its general safety questions. A good example would be, how many seconds driving distance do you leave for the vehicle in front of you? In bad weather? Stuff you already know. Good luck on your interview!

jtgordon, Woodenleg and noninetofive Thank this.
  4. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks Drozzer69 I will keep that in mind I have a ? Do you do the road test pretrip and physical and drug test all in one day

5. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    If you pass the initial interview they will schedule you to come to the DC in person, usually within a week or so, since they will work around a date you will be available. Pass the pre trip & road test, then you go for a physical and drug screen the same day. They will also have you review and sign a printed copy of your application you filled out online. This will be the only chance to amend anything on your application before you sign it. Then comes the process of verifying the contents of your application, drug screen and DOT physical results and conduct a background check. It may be a few weeks before you hear back from Walmart as they will be working on other drivers who will be in orientation with you.

The waiting may seem nerve wracking, but will be worth it considering the job. Be calm, be honest, and take this process very seriously and the reward will be a job you will want to retire from. Best wishes to you! :)

6. jtg80

jtg80 Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    johnsonburg pa
    interview in 23 mins. a guy i know passed his at 9am but hes a former private fleet guy had to leave due to diabetes but got it under control with a pill nervous and confidentat the same time

7. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Relax and focus on your interview. If you meet DOT medical qualifications, you will be fine. I speak from experience as someone with several major health problems that are kept under control. :)

Buzzard2157, jtgordon and Woodenleg Thank this.
  8. SKYTREE

SKYTREE Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2014
    On top of the World, Ga
    Will they fire you if you have diabetes..

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  9. jtg80

jtg80 Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    johnsonburg pa
    Passed phone interview. Im more worried bout my bp its more a white coat syndrome

drozzer69 and TomOfTx Thank this.
  10. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    All comes down to meeting DOT medical qualifications. I previously had Type II diabetes while here at Walmart. I reversed it with a brief period of medication, then a change of diet. If the medical examiner Walmart sends you to for a physical says you are qualified, then you are qualified, end of story. I do suggest total honesty to anyone getting a physical here. If you have a condition such as diabetes or elevated blood sugar, then state it on your physical. More and more medical examiners are beginning to test driver's blood sugar levels and A1c during the physical. They checked mine when my physical was done back in February. I am glad because it confirmed my blood sugar levels are normal and I am not considered diabetic anymore.

SKYTREE and Buzzard2157 Thank this.
  11. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Just take nice deep breaths and relax. Your BP will stabilize within a minute. I know how you feel about white coat syndrome. Happens to all of us from time to time. :)

jtgordon and Buzzard2157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.