Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    I was told a minimum of 350,000 miles consecutive, no tickets, and no accidents even if not at fault to even be considered.

Sent from my HTC ONE courtesy of Tapatalk 2.

Raymia Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Congratulations on landing the best job in the trucking industry!

drozzer69 Thanks this.
  4. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    250,000 in last 3 years, 50,000 in one year. yes no tickets or accidents. If you have any in your company, after 3 years they fall off your record. after 10 years they fall off your MVR. If its not on paper, it doesn't exist.

Go to the Wal-mart careers website, all the info on their minimum requirements are there. What you posted was what it used to be at least on the mileage part.

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  5. drozzer69

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Thank you bigjoel! I can't wait to get started. Just learned this morning that the driver i was supposed to train to replace me, now wants to go OTR. Oh well. Knight has 4 more days to figure it out before my vacation. I gave them ample time to figure this out.

6. FTB530

FTB530 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    NOR CAL
    I applied to work out of Red Bluff before it even opened,i was turned down because i didnt drive 100,000 miles yearly,i worked for the same company for 9 years and made between 12 to fifteen stops a day,i think Walmart would have been a lot easier job then what i was doing.

7. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    I am on cloud nine. Especially after reading how long some people have been trying to get in. I have seven years driving. I applied in April of this year... got the call to set up my first interview two weeks ago. Had my interview yesterday. Interview went great. Then came the pre trip and road test. That went great. Then I met with the HR lady. She said they would call me in 6-8 weeks and if my background stuff comes back good (it will) I got the job! Then she discussed compensation which surprised me as it was my understanding that wasn't discussed til the 'second' interview (official job offer)...but all I can say is...WOW...I now know why they smile a lot! It's a no-brainer.

kee1227, mushroom1464 and drozzer69 Thank this.
  8. drozzer69

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Way to go NYVET! The second call they will have you go for your medical and drug screen and do a second mvr and back round check. After that, last call will be job offer and orientation date. What location did you apply too?

My last day with Knight is tonight! I will finish up, turn in my truck and call it a day! Can't wait to start my paid vacation, then start my orientation! Great way to end the week on a Friday morning!

Last edited: May 23, 2013
    NYVET Thanks this.
  9. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    I'll tell you what drozzer...I am still pinching myself. From everything I've heard, I shouldn't have had a snowballs chance in...you know where...but my record got me in the door. It was a nerve-wracking experience (isn't it always), cuz I felt there was so much on the line even though I have a great job that I do like. But I want to better myself, my family and my future. Home every day is great...but I couldn't see how I could turn down an opportunity to increase my income THAT MUCH! I have an obligation to my family and choosing time at home over that kind of income would be just plain irresponsible. Mon-Fri is great, especially home every night. But I want my kids to have the best future possible. I won't enjoy being away from home, but it's not about enjoying your job (which I'll enjoy the job!), it's about providing for your family. They are all ok with my choice (kids older now), so for me to pass this up to stay local would be selfish. And congrats to you too...you're a little further along than I am. This still seems surreal to me...

drozzer69 and noninetofive Thank this.
  10. drozzer69

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Its all good. I did this for pretty much the same reasons. I wanted to better myself, family, and home. Can't do that living paycheck to paycheck. The first interview with them was absolutly the most nervous I have been in a long time. Made myself sick days before it. It is conducted in such a proffesional manner! How many companies have many of us applied to that you kinda just showed up in what ever you were wearing, and they were like ok, can you take a drug test and medical today? Taking the time to research your employer/employee is good for both parties.

You would be surprised but many do pass this opportunity up for one reason or another. You and I and many others can see the many pluses to having a career with Wal~mart.

11. drozzer69

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Well tonight is my last night with Knight. Next vacation. I also got my orientation information today! Boy am I in for a week jam packed with information! I will do what I can to update what we go through. Total of 6 guys in my class and we are all being put up in a hotel. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.