Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    No it was her first situation ever. But the company has a new vp. And drivers are getting ousted for any thing. The company has cut back tremendously.

But for your long list of infractions. Another buddy got wrote up and told this was his 3rd and last warning. 1st bent bumper on truck at a scrap yard recovering the camera out another trk. 2nd speeding ticket given to his trainee. 3rd in truck doing paper work for delivery after he was unloaded.

A high up big wig saw him and called saftey. Witch was b/s, but saftey said he should have done it outside the trk.

(It's a coaching tool) yea that's what the camera companies tell the carriers. And then the carriers tell that to the driver. Please don't tell me you beleave that. You aren't one of those drivers that beleave everything you hear. Like the saying you can't run recaps on the steers are you?

Harrased possibly, as I've seen some drivers do things and it's over looked. Then some do things and get wrote or or fired. But the company has used cameras to fire drivers for the past year now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    Yea yellow didn't keep up there stuff well. The yellow freight trucks that guys were running were the old (and I mean old gmc trucks) localy. But after looking back at it. The money they saved. By not getting new trks, helped them buy out roadway and U.S. Freightways

4. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012

5. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    Yall can't slap me....lol

6. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Lmao

7. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    Will wm except defeat with the neighborhood markets? I've notice how the dollar chains build in the slums. And wm builds markets on the main roads. This is where the dollar chains have wm beat. Becuase ppl can walk from there place to the dollar chain store.

Even after the announcing of a lot of store closings. I still see more markets poping up. Some even 4 blocks from a WMSC. So how could they make profit, being that close together?

8. Woodenleg

Feb 15, 2014
    People like those neighborhood markets better

9. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Neighborhood markets are very successful out here. People like the smaller more personal shopping experience.

The majority of the stores that closed were those odd convenience store things. We didn't have any of them out here.

10. ArmyDrew

ArmyDrew Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2015
    WM accepted defeat with the Walmart Express stores that were basically scaled down neighborhood markets all of those were closed down, but the neighborhood markets are doing very well in most parts.

11. Woodenleg

Feb 15, 2014
    The neighborhood market but they had closed down in the Houston area or closed because they could not control the theft

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.