Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walworker2

walworker2 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Can i set my husband up with his own login to my walmart Benefit Hub?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    thk im slowly losing my grip too hold on. this being broke every week is taking a major impact on me and me family. if mum ants happy then nobody else is. plz wm hurry up

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    Orientation done. My head hurts. But in all honesty it's a lot of info to cover and not sure it could be done in under 5 days, especially with 7 guys in our group.

I go out with my mentor for 2 weeks (prob 8 days) starting on Sunday at 0600.....ugh. And will have a Friday 0800 gate time when I start on my own. One of our group will start right off on a program and another may be an overnight guy in a day cab home everyday, so that's good for those guys.

Met some awesome guys in our group, we had some laughs and went out as a group for a birthday dinner for one of the new guys who celebrated his birthday Wednesday. All the Walmart drivers through out the week in the drivers room were welcoming and willing to talk with us and offer advice.

I think it will be an awesome job and am looking very much forward to getting into a truck and out of the classroom to get started on Sunday!

drozzer69, slim6596, Jmfahey and 2 others Thank this.
  6. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    congrats what dc

7. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    Coldwater

8. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    oh congrats enjoy

mike3fan Thanks this.
  9. Hotrod81

Hotrod81 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    So what is the process when you get a critical event for hard braking. I was in Atlanta I had a 4 wheeler cut me off so he could exit off. What happens next I just go in and fill out a paper?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  10. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Fill out a report describing events leading up to critical event being recorded. Depending on your truck, your safety manager should be able to see data from your truck in the minutes leading up to the critical event to see what your speed, location and following distance was at the time. If you do not have a history of critical events, your safety manager will likely just sign off on the critical event report and the case will be closed. It is at the discretion of your safety manager as to how in depth the critical event is reviewed.

I had a critical event get recorded about 2 years ago after hitting some small potholes on a freeway interchange ramp. Since I use a dash camera, I was able to show that there really was not a hard brake at all. When my truck hit a pothole while my foot was applying the brakes, the truck bounced off the road just enough to make it appear the truck rapidly slowed down, when in fact it did not. There was no vehicles in front of me within a 1/4 mile. The data from the OnGuard system on the truck showed no one was within 500 feet of the truck either. My safety manager signed off on the critical event as having been caused by a glitch in the system. Having a quality dash camera that records date, time, and GPS location made this a open and shut case.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  11. jtg80

jtg80 Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    johnsonburg pa
    Got me a Tuesday out with realignment pretty darn excited that I'll have a nite with the kids that they don't have to get up for school in the morning!

grabberblue12, Coover and BackIsSore Thank this.
  12. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    congrats

13. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    It's no big deal unless you do it often. Just fill out your paper what happened and be very detailed. Probably won't ever hear anything from it.

TomOfTx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.