Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    well spoken

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ironhead2542

Ironhead2542 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I was w
    Totally respect your opinion, although I don't consider 30 months experience "highly qualified". I think the requirements to be hired here are pretty lax. It's more how quickly you can get your app in after the posting. Lawyers set the rules, we play the game.

Woodenleg and TomOfTx Thank this.
  4. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    thats so true even hr told me the same thing. its all about timing but u still need min requirements tho

5. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Back when I was hired in 2013, I was one of 3411 online applicants. Only 30 were selected to be interviewed. The minimum qualifications were a lot higher than today and the face to face interview with 3 people was much tougher than a phone interview. Only 3 of us made it to orientation and one was cut loose when it was discovered he had previously worked for Walmart years ago (store associate), but stated he never worked for Walmart on his application.

I can understand those who get frustrated by the lengthy process, but it is actually more streamlined and shorter than a few years ago. Getting a job with the Walmart Private Fleet is not like applying to one of the mega-carriers who try replacing drivers at a far greater turnover rate. Good things come to those who wait, so just know it takes sometimes several months to get hired. One thing that also plays a role in the wait time is how long it is taking your current and/or former employer to respond to Walmart's employment and safety history and/or other drivers who are in the process of being hired with similar delays preventing an orientation group being put together.

kwk100e, drozzer69, BackIsSore and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Ironhead2542

Ironhead2542 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I in no way am bashing drivers with just the bare minimum requirements. I believe drozzer was around 3yrs when he started here. But I might be wrong. My own experience getting hired was tough, heartbreaking, stressful, and sooooo worth it. I just kept telling myself I'll do what it takes for the opportunity, knowing Wal-Mart owes my nothing. Might not be the best job I've ever had, but it's most rewarding, and easiest job for the money. Lots of nice perks. And again, I thank you for your opinion, and very much so, respect, and know where you're coming from.

7. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Also if your coming to Walmart for the $ your coming for the wrong reason yes $ is important but if your that hard up something wrongly

drozzer69, Coover, BackIsSore and 3 others Thank this.
  8. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    I would also recommend to anyone applying for a job here (or elsewhere) to never mention needing the job due to financial struggles. Doing so will only hurt your chances of being hired. Walmart is not going to speed up the process because someone needs to pay their rent next week. Anyone in dire financial trouble is also statistically a higher risk of committing theft from the company. This does not mean you would steal, but when you are among hundreds of applicants, any extra red flags you set off, the greater the chance you will not be hired. Stay focused on getting hired. In the mean time, work a second or third job if needed and get the bills paid.

kruz1980, Coover, Lardfast and 3 others Thank this.
  9. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Matt (drozzer69) had over 14 years experience when he started with Walmart. He discusses this on the 10th post of this thread back on page 1. :)

10. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    how long does it take to be in compliance with sleep apnea to get 1 year card. wonder if i got time before wm physical to get dr then sleep study then coap then letter for wm doctor

11. TomOfTx

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    It is at the discretion of the DOT medical examiner. The severity of the sleep apnea diagnosis, the CPAP usage compliance, and how well the person has responded to the CPAP therapy will determine how quickly you could receive a maximum one year medical certification. There are DOT medical examiners who will take a two week period of CPAP usage before issuing a one year medical certification, yet, there are other DOT medical examiners who will give a driver a 30 day medical certification and have them return every 30 days for up to six months before they are willing to issue a one year medical certification.

It is best to follow the prescription given for the CPAP usage. The more evidence the condition is under control, the more comfortable the DOT medical examiner will feel about issuing the one year medical certification.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.