Walmart here I come!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by drozzer69, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastEddieFelson

FastEddieFelson Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Was told during orientation that you should use the dc for showers not the comdata

NYVET Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    You can use if for showers. Someone that told you was misinformed. Many of us use the comdata for showers. Always been allowed and one of the perks of working here.

It might not make sense to use a truckstop when a dc is close by but I will use a truckstop if the dc shower is nasty because it is shared with Swift drivers.

kruz1980, drozzer69 and Coover Thank this.
  4. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Can use the card for a shower IF you don't make it to a DC. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk my job for a he said/she over a shower.

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    thats right. too many paid activities on that card. you would have to get on wire to complete a protread class. lol

6. Hotrod81

Hotrod81 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    I use the comdata card 3-4 times a week. If I get fuel at the truck stop I'll use the points for a shower. I turn in my shower receipts never had anything said to me.

7. Woodenleg

Woodenleg Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2014
    That's cool but they what you to use the D.C. As much as possible remember cost money the more money we can save the Mora raise will be at the end of the year

NYVET and drozzer69 Thank this.
  8. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    I've honestly never heard of anyone (Walmart drivers) getting fuel at a truck stop that often...I've been with Walmart four years in July and used off-site fuel twice...once when the fuel island was down and they told us to, and one other time when they routed me all over without getting near a DC, and then I only got what I needed. The fuel at the DC is cheaper than any truck stop, and I'm surprised to hear of anyone making this a habit, but maybe things are different in other parts of the country...

9. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    This is new to me...what part of the country you in? In the northeast we do NOT share with anyone, showers are clearly marked 'Walmart drivers only!'. And they are lovingly maintained. Sorry to hear you gotta share with Swift...I'd use a truckstop too...

10. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    We just recently built our own wing and had to put those signs up because the Swift drivers wanted to trash them too! When we had to share with Swift, we also had a bad janitorial company come in that did less than a half arse job to make matters worse. The shower floors looked black and smelled funny. Ever since the new showers opened I haven't dreaded going to that DC as much, but drivers still leave them in a condition where it looks like they trimmed a forest inside. Barf.

11. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    There are a couple of grocery facilities that share with dedicated orange carrier gordonsville va, wintersville oh, London KY that come to mind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.