Walmart Marshall, Texas

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Winnyf1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    I understand, which is why I pointed out, I make it a point to stop in, and ask for a manager to see if it is okay for me to park..if they hem and haw, I move on...but that's me. I don't subscribe to the old adage "it's better to ask forgiveness than ask for permission". :) It would be nice however, if truckers didn't have to feel like modern day lepers. It would be nice also, if the truckers that are making it hard for us to park places because of their inconsiderate actions, would stop..but I'm probably wishing on a star now.

peterd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    I don't disagree, and ticketing and/or reporting the drivers doing this, would be a step in the right direction, especially since it could generate revenue for the municipality, since there are laws against that kind of thing. Banning trucks, though, is like cutting your nose off to spite your face and detrimental to their own business. I usually shop where I park as a courtesy and thanks for the opportunity. I may be an exception, but I'd like to think I'm not the only one. :)

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    So, there's 300 cars and one truck and you're doing them a favor?

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    That one truck supplied the shelves with crap to fill those 300 cars.

Blue jeans and CAXPT Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No it didn't.
    Don't think so much of yourself.
    Being a driver myself, I'm well aware of the supply chain and our part in it.
    That said, if you fell off the planet tomorrow, the world would continue spinning. As it would if I did.

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The walmarts thst do allow truck parking do it as a courtesy but the last few years the clowns in this business are ruining that in many locations because they ignore ignore signs like no trucks up front yet they do, i.e.Lexington,NE.

they leave trash, and instead of bringing the carts back to a nearby cart corral they leave them scattered across the parking lot where they end up getting damaged by drivers who don’t bother paying attention anyway….

Walmart doesn’t have to allow any parking for trucks except for ones that are delivering there..

dunchues, CAXPT and Coover Thank this.
  8. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Lol this thread was really just to let others know not to park at the Marshall location, I normally keep my truck at a Walmart / Home Depot when I’m home and I agree, some drivers just are absolute slobs. The owners of their mall are beyond cool and allow trucks park there - often for weeks on end without problem.

When I’m home I’ll clean up the area we use for our trucks, it of course attracts drivers who see trucks parked there and are just passing through so the regulars try to keep things tidy. It amazes me how many people won’t take the few extra steps to clean up after themselves, but hey that’s people now a days. I’m just thankful to have a place that works with truckers - it’s a lot better than having to pay for parking.

CAXPT, Coover and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    It really make you wonder what their homes look like..a lot of these fools are slobs beyond belief..

Winnyf1 and Coover Thank this.
  10. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Don't think so little of yourself, either.
    I'm a customer also. With a special need. Just like a Handicapped, or Pickup only, or Shopper's with Children (saw a sign for that today) or electric charging area (we have those)...so why is making accomodation for me such a thorn for some drivers to understand?
    This is why I take the extra time to ask permission. Some of them, aren't aware of some of the rules that we're subject to, and this lets them know if they don't know, why I'm asking permission to park there.
    That said, if I fell off the planet tomorrow it may continue spinning, but I'm not concerned with tomorrow...I'm here today, with a need to park and shop. Tomorrow will take care of itself with another 14 hours for me to worry about. :)

drivingmissdaisy Thanks this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Um, ok. I guess.
    What is your 'special need'??
    Need?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.