Walmart - Olney, IL

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Ditch Doctor, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    Anyone in here running Walmart dedicated out of Olney?

Is it all company driver, or lease guys also?

Average miles per week?

Home at least every other night? Off weekends?

Have a friend who just moved to Olney, and he wants to come off the road and be home more than once a month.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. swervyjoe

swervyjoe Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Charleston, SC
    I don't know anything about Olney, but does anyone have a run down of the dedicated routes? I'm aware of Lewiston, but where else are they. I picked up in DeSoto, TX last night and it looked like it might be one?

4. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    If you are with Prime ask your FM
    As far as I know it is Lewiston Maine and Onley IL

5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    It has been awhile, husband filled in a couple of different times on the Olney route when someone was off or they didn't have enough drivers, who knows. He was lease, so I don't know what they usually use. As far as unloading, they had set appointment times, you get there, they unload you. One Walmart had to cut the padlock off of a dock door because the manager went to lunch and had the key.

6. Truemac

Truemac Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Been running the Olney account for just about two years.

Mostly company, but there are a handful of lease operators here. If you live within 50 miles of the terminal, you can get on their local fleet. Slipseat trucks, home almost every night, and if you want you can pick a day or two as your set "off days." (I've heard of exceptions to the 50-mile rule being made before)

I'm on their OTR fleet, Division 111 (Still follow Prime's OTR hometime policy but I have an assigned truck). I average about 2500 miles a week, but if you're a hard worker you can do more. This is working 7 days a week.

Work itself is fairly easy, as far as this industry goes. Trailers are preloaded at the walmart DC. You pick up your route's paperwork for the day and make your deliveries to the stores. Freight is unloaded by the store associates, you just have to pull pallet tags off and stick them on your load sheet. Dryvan loads are usually drop-n-hook at the last stop. Once you're empty, you'll either deadhead back (all miles paid) or they'll send you to a shipper to pick up a backhaul.

The Olney office is very laidback. Dispatchers are all nice people and understanding. As long as you aren't late, they'll bend over backwards for you. We have a shop and fuel pump at the DC, as well. 95% of the stores we deliver to have no issues with you parking on their lot to take a 10hr break. The job has it's frustrations, but overall, it's a very relaxed gig.

7. Rachav

Rachav Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Hey, How often do you deliver in Chicago? Is it possible to do a 10-hr reset at home if you live there?

8. Truemac

Truemac Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2013
    We don't deliver to Chicago. I've only been there once while on the account for a backhaul. I have no idea how often that happens. If you live outside of our delivery area, they will put you on a Prime load going to your place for hometime, and you'll be worked back to Olney when you get back in the truck.

If your home is along your route for the day, they have no problems with you taking a 10hr break at the house after you're unloaded, provided you have somewhere safe to park. A lot of times that ends up being a nearby walmart lot, but always ask the store first if it's okay to leave the truck overnight.

redoctober83 and Rachav Thank this.
  9. Jordanes

Jordanes Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    I just e-mailed them and am looking forward to starting at Olney later on this summer. I'm a Prime rehire who has been out of the truck for 1&1/2 years, so after I'm out with my trainer, I plan to segue over to Olney. When I was over-the-road I did Olney a few times, and really enjoyed it.

10. MattU89

MattU89 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I'm currently at Prime in PSD. I hired on for the Olney Walmart dedicated route. Are there any trainers on here that work the route or live close by? I would love to be as close to home as I can. Even if it takes longer to get my miles.

11. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Put your question here and you might find a better response.
    https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...threads/prime-drivers-whats-your-20-2.215145/

Or in this thread

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...nc-what-to-expect-springfield-edition.197427/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.