Walmart penalizing for early delivery?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CallMeTawanda, Jul 18, 2017.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Really disliked Walmart live unloads, last one I did the girl had her window closed for thirty mins as we stood looking at her . She opens it up takes my bills , and starts yelling I am 5 min late . Told her to sign the bills refused or unload it , does not matter to me.

alds, D.Tibbitt, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Are you serious? Why would- or should- they care about you having someplace else to be? Or why should they care about dispatch not giving you enough time?

I hate Walmart as much as anybody. But the fact you expect them to have the manpower to take any driver that decides to show up early is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. I mean that respectfully, of course. What about the driver that actually had an appointment at the time you showed up and expected to be unloaded? To heck with that driver?

Profits are slim in this industry and everyone doing their best to stay on schedule, and on budget, is crucial

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Had one WM DC the same way... you get there, stand in line, get to the window and they tell you that you are late after standing in line 45 min... so everyone started taking a pic of the clock when they walked in the door... show up at the window, get told you are late, show them the pic...

alds, slim6596, D.Tibbitt and 5 others Thank this.
  5. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Forgot the guard at the gate stamps the bills on the way in to.

6. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    If your telling us the truth that you actually had the brass balls to do that....Your a true warrior in the trucker brotherhood........Too many Pansies in trucks these days that wont tell it how it should be.

Good Job.

alds, 88228822, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  7. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Actually, they have figured out a good system, they give you an appt time and expect you to follow it. You think because you show up a few hours early, someone who showed up at their designated appt time should be bumped? Perhaps your planners and dispatcher should take into account the actual appt time at 90 when setting up next load, that's not on Wal-Mart. I, like many others get annoyed when Wal-Mart takes forever unloading but that's what detention pay is for, terrific when I can get paid for full 10 or 8 and run a split. Another driver who seems to think they are the most important and only reason world keeps spinning...

peterd and Pumpkin Oval Head Thank this.
  8. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Actually, it shows their maximum efficiency of space. I know ppl who have worked in Wal-Mart management, they have the most state of the art technology for tracking incoming, outgoing and what product and amount of it is where. As drivers we should know that Wal-Mart is tight about their appt times, not hard to plan those trips to arrive no more than an hr early. Part of driving is knowing customers, some don't like you being hrs early, others don't care

Blue Nomad Thanks this.
  9. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    One allows them selves to get pushed around.

alds Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's either a urban myth or truth.

Let's assume it's truth.

If it is true I would find it unacceptable and flat refuse any walmart freight. Why?

I make it a total and absolute JOY to be at your Dock 2 days EARLY for your stuff to be unloaded if possible. Let's get unloaded and the better to get a gain on rest of the week's earnings.

If walmart growls at me and kicks me out plus charging me 3% of one million dollars? EFF THEM. It will be a week late. After I sit and caurose in a truckstop bar plastering myself with two days to dry out before finally showing up 10 days late just to be sure not to be charged. ///cranky rant.

We'll see what's what.

black_dog106 Thanks this.
  11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    So, just in time means nothing to you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.