Walmart penalizing for early delivery?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CallMeTawanda, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Blue Nomad

Blue Nomad Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Walmart
    They have not tightened. If you show up more than 48 hours early it has to be changed in the Walmart scheduleing system and the vendor and or carrier will be charged a $500 fee. A vendor will most likely stop using a carrier if multiple pre-48 reschedules occur.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blue Nomad

Sep 12, 2017
    Ask to talk to the operations manager. Walmart's policy is if you make it into the hallway and your in line you are not to be counted late. Also it's policy that you have a 10 minute window after your appointment time to check into the office without being late.

4. Blue Nomad

Sep 12, 2017
    Dry goods is not much of a factor here. It's fresh meat and produce that have the limited space as it often comes in and ships out the same day. The number one commodity that Walmart runs out of space on, are eggs.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Wrong... Walmart is penalizing the shipper

Blue Nomad Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And this is because the shipper (vendor) is really the only party Walmart has any control over. So Walmart will ding the vendor/supplier, and it will then be expected that the vendor will ultimately keep their chosen carrier(s) in line.

But this policy is going to create a lot of bad blood over the long haul. Crap happens on all sides. Some days, Walmart is going to make a mistake, realize they did not order or ordered too little, and they will expect the supplier to jump through hoops to get product on their dock yesterday ... it won't happen.

I give the policy 9 months (enforced religiously) before it begins to have detrimental effects on Walmart and the relationship with suppliers, and something will give. They are not the end-all, be-all "chosen one" they think they are.

alds, Blue Nomad and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Yup Walmart even said if the product they ordered isn't on the trailer they will find the ship or 3% of the value of the load let's see how long that lasts with the major shippers I would be reckoned to say not very long... Walmart also threatened any Carrier who does business with Amazon will not be allowed to do business with them which to me shows at Walmart is trying to bully people because their business model is failing instead of trying to change it to improve they would rather threaten everybody like a corporate bully they are

Blue Nomad Thanks this.
  8. Blue Nomad

Sep 12, 2017
    From what I've seen here, the carrier will be fined unless it's a private fleet vendor run,then the vendor is charged. If it's a shipper that contracts with a vendor then yes, the shipper will be fined of course.

9. Blue Nomad

Sep 12, 2017
    I have not seen corporate do this as of yet. But you're right, it's bully tactics if they do implement it for sure. I don't see any shipper putting up with that and they shouldn't.

10. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    I see if Walmart is dumb enough to threaten a shipper like Procter & Gamble Procter & Gamble is big enough not to mention supplies so many products and Walmart stores that they could turn around and have Walmart by the throat

Blue Nomad Thanks this.
  11. Blue Nomad

Sep 12, 2017
    I agree.With the amount of brands that P&G owns, Wal-Mart's shelves would be empty for sure if they had a fall out with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.