Walmart schedules

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Stoney, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Stoney

Stoney Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Az
    I'm waiting for either Buckeye Az or Apple Valley Ca to hire OTR again. I understand new drivers start out on extra board. Here's my two questions.

1.) How does the extra board schedule work? Are you on call 24/7? Do you work till you run out of hours?

2.)When a new driver can land a program like the 5 on 2 off. What are the starting times and what time are you most likely to finish on the 5th day? Both Buckeye and Apple Valley are about 3 to 4 hours away from me. On that 5 and 2 program, would I get 2 or 3 nights at the house?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mydognick

mydognick Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    hi in the same boat. i was told it would be 5on 2 offrunning extra can mean no work but was told not really but possible.vauge about dispatch times but its 6-8-10-12-2 depart times. it takes about a year to get an assigned tractor until then you slip seat. after a year you can transfer to different location. you need to get on where hiring as if you wait for a specific location it could be a long time

4. Eggbert

Eggbert Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Centreville, MD
    Extra driver fills in for drivers that are off (vaca) or out hurt or on medical and they should always have work for you. They are 5 on 2 off and you work the same 5 days all the time. You will run out 70hrs in 5 days, and as for your own truck, that depends on a million different things.

5. x_purposes

x_purposes Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Extra Board drivers have an assigned schedule that is full time. At my DC it has been at least a decade since Extra Board drivers were sent home for lack of work. You do not have an assigned tractor. You may also enter a program where 3 drivers share 2 tractors, be it 6 on 3 off, 5 on 2off one week, then 5on 3off next week. If you are on the extra board and not on a program, you will work every weekend unless you take paid time off. I have worked for them for a very long time and it is not the job that it used to be … but what driving job is? … but it is still better than most anything else out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.