Walmart should you go!

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Cal Wally, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Cal Wally

Cal Wally Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    They created a monster and its now more than they can control. They are in trouble and when I think of the drivers they have screwed over its hard to say anything positive. Trust me it was once a very big deal to jump thru all the hoops and get a spot. Now they have to compete with companies that are starting to get the hint. Drivers want money and home time,and your starting to see the mileage pay creep up,that along with all the new alternative schedules offered are helping to bring them in. I dont think Bentonville ever even considered that one day they may have to compete with other fleets for drivers. They will get the seats filled,but its going to be a constant ongoing battle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Add the sleep apnea stuff into the mix and that is chasing people away too. It is frustrating for sure.

Cal Wally Thanks this.
  4. Cal Wally

Mar 16, 2014
    To be fair the FMCSA and others behind the scenes are really the ones pushing the apnea issue but there was a time when Walmart would do all they could to protect their drivers. Now its just another tool to use against drivers.

5. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    Good job my friend. I'll be following this thread closely. You speak the truth and sometime the truth hurts. The calvary will show up soon and confront you, but some of us know that what you say is dead on. Thanks for the honesty. Wait till the pay is posted by someone, people will really open their eyes. Thanks again

6. Cal Wally

Mar 16, 2014
    Thanks for taking the time. I just want it out there for people to use before they leave somthing that might not be to bad. One person and the negative comments will all be worth the effort.

I remember the days when the pay was still a huge inside secret,Mr Sam is probably rolling over with all the new technology and now they announce the pay over the radio. Crazy!

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    SouthernCal in Beaverton, Oregon has Walmart beat when it comes to driver respect and the pay is comparable. Izzies, a flatbed company out of Edison, NJ beats Walmart in many ways, including pay. Walmart is not all it's cracked up to be. There are smaller companies that have much better reputations and treat drivers very well, and by the way those two companies I mentioned are extremely hard to get on since nobody quits. Walmart used to have be the premier driving job up until they started looking at their drivers the same way they look at all the other employees in the stores.

BFL123, CougFan and Cal Wally Thank this.
  8. Cal Wally

Mar 16, 2014
    Companies are getting the message and trying all new ways to get drivers in their seats. This is a great thing for the industry and I hope it continues. There are plenty of small fleets that take very good care of their people,pay them well,give them benefits and dont watch them on camera looking for a reason to show them the door. Thanks for pointing out those companies,maybe someone might check them out before making a decision.

9. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Funny enough I seen a job ad posted on Craigslist for Walmart.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  10. fishnman

fishnman Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Peoria ,Az
    Hey Cal Wally. Thanks for this post. Last August a company I really enjoyed working for was bought out by a wanna be a mega carrier from Indiana. Since then I have been carefully and cautiously researching other opportunities. WM was definitely one I of those. But the reason I'm leaving my current employer is the overwhelming micromanagement. If Ii can't have any freedom of action, or be trusted to do my job, then I'd be as unhappy at WM as I am here. The money cannot possibly replace the contentment I experience when I achieve a goal or solve a problem or overcome a challenge, without an office bound babysitter. THANKS AGAIN!!

Cal Wally Thanks this.
  11. Cal Wally

Mar 16, 2014
    Thanks for the support. You know if you really want to be free of micromanagement there are options it just takes time and a lot of searching. Walmart will always be here and its not as hard to get on as people say it is and its bound to get easier. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.