Walmart Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cplmjl1218, Aug 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I met a nice WM driver at the awful Cheektowaga Sams Club last month. He was more down to earth rather than nose in air like most of them are. This store has 5-6 docks but only one is open. Cluster every morning. We had to communicate to get everyone in and out in some orderly fashion. Good dude. He even made the comment that he wasn’t a prick like most other WM drivers. So their own employees even know LOL.

bzinger, bryan21384, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Some of their drivers are cool, they’re just trying to get there last year or two in and take the early opt-out package before the company pulls out the rug from underneath them! When WallyWorld started hiring new drivers and giving them runs usually reserved for their senior drivers in order to “save a few bucks”(cheap labor),the writing was on the wall, and those senior drivers are cashing in their chips quicker than a gambler at a Vegas crap table that went cold!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    drvrtech77, bzinger, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My buddy finished week 1 of orientation. 70 people were in orientation and only 15 made the cut to the next round!!! He almost got sent home because he didn't know how to slide the tandems right. He's been a career skateboard driver and most recently pulled a pneumatic tanker locally. He managed to get in touch with the right person because that guy said that ain't a reason to send nobody home and that saved him. That road test was a 200 mile round trip through some back roads of South Carolina. Tough ones at that. They were really testing him something serious. Then at the same hotel, Tyson was there bringing in the Walmart rejects. The recruiter was there getting those drivers set up in the motel if they were interested and some of them went on stuck around for orientation so I guess for some all wasn't lost. I am curious, though. How long do Walmart drivers have to show for a pretrip and post trip? He told me they have a camera on their hat so that safety could see if they were actually doing a pretrip. I thought he was pulling my leg there lol

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Like I said, just nuck no. Just NO.

6. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Thats tempting.

Just looked up and saw they have nanny cameras.
    Nevermind lol.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    Boondock and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Yeah I get that.
    I'm in the truck driving anywhere from 5 to 10 hours a day. Don't really think about those as I don't do anything that's construed as illegal or against company rules. It's their rig and policy so I just abide.

Some like the freedom of the road and the OTR life but after doing the trucking thing near 50 yrs I want more of what life has to offer.

Yesterday we went to the fair and ate and drank too much.

Now we're gonna ride 50 miles downriver to drink beer and barbecue this afternoon.

Monday I'll drive down to Indiana for an Argon pickup while earning 88 bucks an hour..all while being in front of the nanny cam.

78719.jpeg 20220902_141314.jpg

That's TX songwriter Kelly Willis.

mjd4277, bzinger, Boondock and 2 others Thank this.
  8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Holy crap!!!! Glad he didn’t get sent home. I agree with the long road test. I always laughed when a company would make me drive around the block and say all was well.

That camera on the hat is borderline crazy.

I wonder since safety is watching store cameras if that is the reason you see WM drivers using truckstops and rest areas for their breaks? I see that more often than I used too.

Dennixx, nikmirbre, bryan21384 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I have many years accident and ticket free driving. Why would a camera need to watch me?

I worked hard all these years to be safe not to have someone in a cubicle watching me while working.

Be sure to moon the camera for me while you're doing that delivery in Indiana. :booty:

Dennixx, mjd4277 and Boondock Thank this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, it's whatever you're comfortable with. And I'm not going to harsh on anyone's career decisions.....like I said, it's whatever trips your trigger.

That said, $88 x 40 hrs = $3520 a week, which equals $183,040 a year.
    The other dude said his brother in law or whatever was doing $133,000 a year.

I sincerely doubt either is true.
    Perhaps you wouldn't mind posting your W2.
    Pics, or it didn't happen.
    Jus sayin

Dennixx Thanks this.
  11. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Monday is the holiday so we earn double time and a half=88
    Last check week ending 8-21 and have grossed 84K all while being home each night and weekend. I'll do around 134K.
    Did OTR for first 12 yrs of my career.
    I enjoyed the heck out of it but it was a sacrifice I couldn't make for the rest of my life.
    20220903_100228.jpg

jcatel, jason6541, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.