Walmart trucks?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by freightrunner, Jul 7, 2012.

1. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    probably cause it's not the same as when mr. sam walton was alive. i have a friend who drives for wal mart & he told me they make very well but he's only doing it for the perks. he could care less about all the rewards/awards, etc. all he wants is his insurance & decent money. said it took him almost 2 yrs to get hired on by having to stupid stuff but he did it & got hired, now when he's out the truck he says F wal mart

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

DC 7033 Store Ambassador Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA
    Alot of people are so focused on the money but there is so much more. Many of these other little things are what drivers with 20+ yeras in the industry really appreciate. We have all paid our dues and then some to get here. As far as holding a candle to what you do how aout letting us in on what your job involves.

4. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Out of curiosity what do they pay Walmart drivers? I mean what's the mileage pay and stop pay. I know you probably make at least 60k but whats the rates.

5. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    When did WalMart start diving?

6. lonelyswmtrucker

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    i'll haul cattle 1 week, reefer the next, hopper for 2 weeks or so, flatbed for a week, maybe haul cattle for another 2-3 weeks. not every driver can be that diverse & do it without asking for a break.

7. lonelyswmtrucker

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    i've been in this industry since 18, driving @ 19 & went otr @ 21 & 40 yrs old now; i think i've paid my dues already if not a few times over. how many wal mart drivers could do an oil change, brake job, tires, basically regular preventive maintenance. not many i bet.

8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Here goes the pissing match

9. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA
    We have several different types of compensation based around mileage and activity,until you understand how the system works the numbers will only confuse you. Not providing our pay package is really not meant to be deceptive its just to avoid problems. Just like everyone else I had to wait until I recieved my offer to find out how the pay system works. Everyone knows our drivers are paid very well and that should be enough to get someone whos interested in working for us to apply.

Im sure someone could search and get the inormation their looking for but I caution people to not base their decision to work here on numbers they find on the web or hear on the CB. Unless you have heard it from a CURRENT Walmart driver theres a good chance your not getting all the numbers. Put it this way if your five years into it at one of the big three truckload carriers I would say there is the potential to almost double your pay in your first few years at Walmart. Please dont quote me,everyone is different and the ability to make big money here is dependant on how much effort your willing to put out. We have 50k gaps seperating drivers here and its becuse there are so many different schedules and so much freedom when it comes down to how hard you want to work.

10. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA
    Really freightrunner?

11. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA
    You know if guys want to come on here and make fools of themselves by showing their complete inability to a rational thought then we should inulge them. Snipers are the way they are because they lack the ability to educate themselves properly on a topic and resort to acting like five year olds. But as long as they walk away with the truth about working for the private fleet Im good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.