Walmart trucks?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by freightrunner, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Cyclesdalecummins07

Cyclesdalecummins07 Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2011
    slidell, la
    I haven't seen any real reason why a driver wouldn't want to work for Wal-Mart. Their drivers make 80-120k a year for no touch freight, they have brand new trucks, and they reward their safe drivers with their own trucks. (3 million safe miles) and they have a low turn over rate. I'm no vet driver but by what I have been told by their drivers, and their VP of transportation they are a great company to drive for. Also, since when is it a bad thing for it to be extremely difficult for a driver to get on with a company? Doesn't that mean they want only the best and if you don't meet their standards isn't that because of somthing that you are lacking? I would personally love to drive for them one day but hey what do I know I'm just a "wanna be"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    I grew up believing that too and then I realized that Ford, GM and Chrysler all had the oppourtunity to say NO if they wanted to! They were as gready as the UAW>Remember if ALL parties don't agree to the terms of the contract, there is no agreement.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

5. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

DC 7033 Store Ambassador Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA

6. skurvydog58

skurvydog58 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    very true store ambassador, say hi to die hard for me. I'm from 6830, Raymond,NH

7. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    i'd work for walmart as a o/o if they paid 1.50 a mile and up

8. BanditTrucker

BanditTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    KS
    100k to drive for wal-mart? i got a bridge out in Kansas i want to sell you...

wal-mart is as greedy as any company out there, their cutthroat tactics and 7$ dollar an hour store wages have destroyed many small business all around America.

wal-mart is also one of the main reasons millions of good-paying manufacturing jobs have left America to china and India.

swift is already running a lot of their freight, why? because its cheaper for them.

lonelyswmtrucker and pes2 Thank this.
  9. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    I said that earlier in the forum... Swift and Jb Hunt are comming in discounting the freight so people go for them..

10. DC 7033 Store Ambassador

DC 7033 Store Ambassador Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Apple Valey,CA
    Just so we are fair and balanced when we start pointing fingers at those responsible for destroying small business all around america lets mention everyone we can. Since I work for the undisputed leader and consider it an honor to represent them we will start with Walmart then in no particular order we have target,home depot,lowes,kroger,costco,rite aid,safeway and albertsons. To those I left out I apologise.

I assume you are talking about the private fleet when you mention the 100k. Thats a figure that is well within reach for most of the private fleet. There is such a huge swing based on schedule,length of service and of course how hard a driver wants to run. Just so you have the numbers right and for the record I have personally verified these numbers with these drivers. Low end 45k top end 124k pretty cool huh!

11. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Another idiot who's bought into the media's hype.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.