walmart vs amazon

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by uplander, Jun 29, 2017.

1. wuggit

wuggit Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    They don't fetch any at the DC I work out of.. they deliver some but the freight hauled in is all done with outside carriers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sam Walton would be rolling over in his grave to see what has happened to this co... this newest policy that Walmart has put out finding suppliers is going to blow up and Walmart's face and I'm absolutely looking forward to it

4. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Hahaaaahaha (you're funny).

5. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I think its a clear violation.
    It says specifically "the buyer" or "lessee" (trucking vendors are the buyers) when such restrictions would substantially lessen competition to the seller (Walmart is the seller or contractor of shipping services, or the SELL-OR of such contracts), would be a violation of the Law. Seems pretty straight forward to me but i only have a bachelors degree.

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Amazon free delivery is amazing. Now when the grandchildren birthday come up I just go to Amazon and have gift delivered to their door far far away. Huge savings. Amazon also getting into groceries soon. I called Walmart locally about delivering groceries...12 day delivery??WTF Not sure how successful that will be.

7. ReeferRick

ReeferRick Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    You're talking about OTIF? On time in full?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.