Walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Cet0328, Jan 8, 2015.

1. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    I know Grabber will chime in, but you will easily................. without even trying very hard.................... make significantly more than $57K your first year

My husband has to drive 2 hours to his DC.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yorkt

yorkt Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    maryland
    Thanks wallywife, I kinda figured that I would, it's just about making the jump to a different job,but i'm going to do it. Or at least try. Been reading all of the posts and Walmart seems to be a good company to drive for.

4. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    we have about every schedule combo you can think of, they won't notify your employer unti they make you a job offer so you could safely start the process now. You should make no less then 80k out of this dc and that's not working hard. I made six figures this year not killing myself . Best of luck to you.

5. yorkt

yorkt Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    maryland
    Thanks grabber for the info. Very helpful. Question...I have 2 past employers that I left on good terms, but am having trouble getting the exact start and end dates. I know the month down to the week that I started and ended employment..Will Walmart disqualify me if I can't get the exact day. I'm going to keep trying.

6. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    No just make them aware of that ahead of time. They don't like surprises on applications just be honest and up front you will be fine. Month and year will be sufficient.

7. yorkt

yorkt Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    maryland
    Thanks again grabber!! I'll get the process rolling and see what happens.

8. jmk4478

jmk4478 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi, my husband is in the interview process for walmart and he's very excited and nervous at the same time. Are there any tips you can offer for the phone interview, pretrip and road test? Any info on starting salary and benefits would be great..he's been driving for 14yrs and the last 10 have been with Fed ex, also very clean driving record...so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks in advance for the info.

9. Slm2jm3612

Slm2jm3612 Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I drive for walmart and have been here for 2 yrs. They have the dumbest rules and it's not what you think it's just another trucking company to work for. They ask for your driver number every time you call in no matter if you have been there 2 or 5 or even 10 yrs. They have a phone policy you only get 10 minutes per call and 6 times a day. If you have a accident and it's your fault you have to produce your phone records to make sure you wasn't on the phone during that time. If you pull a trailer with no registration you will get a step. If you fuel and your not on duty for some reason you will get a step. If you get more that 3 steps in a year you will lose your job if the committee you come before representing of drivers don't like you. You don't choose your start days it's either a Thursday start or a Saturday start. They have more drivers than trucks and you are constantly switching trucks every other day. The safety man is bored to tears and he will follow you alot. You better not go faster than 2 miles over the speed limit or you will be pulled over and get a step for speeding. Money isn't everything you make great money but you are stressed all of the time. Then you have drivers in the company that will snitch on you if you happen to do something that isn't walmart posted rules. I never have confirmed to walmart cool aid drinking methods Im still a rebel without a cause. I hate my slow truck 65 miles an hour. And you only get paid to sleep in your truck if you sleep in it. Don't let them catch you sleeping at motel and showing on your computer that your in the truck. You will get fired. They call it stealing from walmart. You will have other drivers that will tell on you if you don't vacuum there truck out perfect and leave it the way you found it. You will get pulled in the office by a manager and get a coaching because a driver accused you of something when you wasn't around. Don't trust any drivers they will stab in the back. If go over your 14 or 11 driving rule the safety man will give a occurrence. And you sign a admission of guilt on a piece of paper and explain why you did what you did. You get more than 5 occurrences you will get a step. You can't stare at a female more than 10 seconds or you will get wrote up for sexual harassment.

jayboogie007 Thanks this.
  10. Slm2jm3612

Dec 21, 2015
    And you have to show at least 8 minutes for a pre trip and 8 minutes for a post trip. We have critical events on our trucks if you stop at a red light and you have applied a hard brake it shows up on the computer as a critical event and you have to go see the safety man and explain detail where and when on a piece of paper provided why you did that. If you lose traction awhile driving you will get a critical stabilizing event and you need fill out a piece of paper also. And if they have call you in the office to talk to you about anything they treat you and speak to you like a 7 year old. The office people consists of college people and there are no truck drivers. They don't care about you now a days. Back when Sam Walton was here it was different days. But those days are gone.

11. Slm2jm3612

Dec 21, 2015
    I have more info but I need my sleep

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.