walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by andrew1978, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Wouldn't consider that a negative. Shows your not just another steering wheel holder.

No-Doubt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    That is not a negative at all. There are many many X tanker drivers with Walmart. My husband is one of them. 7 years at his X company before coming here. The hardest part about coming from a tank is remember the different sight lines of the 53' trailer (or lack thereof).As a matter of fact, he had only hauled 53' trailers for a 4 month period, once in his life.

4. No-Doubt

No-Doubt Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Thank you. I was speaking with another driver about that, as he had asked if I thought I would have a problem with it. Nope, that front axle on the trailer is your steer axle; using that and your projected tracking will get you where you want - and of coarse good judgment and skill play a part with that knowledge. Speed us not essential, but precision is needful.
    I have heard that driver benefits are different from store employees; can anyone name a few specifics? I am particularly interested in 401k and stock purchase. My wife works for Wal-Mart - fifteen years now, so I'm familiar with the standard. I have a son in management in another state that works for Wal-Mart.
    This forum seems a bit different then most I have visited. This is the first time I have ever signed up if you will, and participated. Thanks for your insight. Take care.

5. Brian76

Brian76 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Your lucky! I didn't hear anything till 4 months to the day I put in my application! It's a process if you think it's going to a quick hire you have another thing coming. You must be patient and relax. I'm still going through the process.

No-Doubt Thanks this.
  6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    As a greeter or cart retriever?

7. andrew1978

andrew1978 Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2015
    As a driver ha since I had a preventable accident last yr I have to wait another 2 yrs

8. Pharroh336

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    After everything they went through with that whole NJ turnpike accident I guess I can't really blame them. Every news report made sure to say it was a Walmart truck. Good to know that some companies are still picky about which drivers they hire.

noninetofive and No-Doubt Thank this.
  9. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    The pickiness was there long before the Tracy Morgan accident.

No-doubt, the 401K matches up to 6%. You get a 15% discount on stock purchases. After 1 yr, 1week vacation and after 2 yrs, 2 weeks at full ADP. Safety bonus quarterly, and paid safety day also (at ADP). Plus they feed you a lot. They are always looking for reasons to feed you. :) Raise every year until after your 3rd year, then you go longer. However, there have been company wide raises every year since Rick has been here, also.

I don't know what else you want to know, but feel free to ask.

10. Pharroh336

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Hope all is well with everyone. Happy to inform that I have received a start date of September 21st out of the Tobbyhanna, Pennsylvania DC. Hope to see everyone down the road. Be good, stay safe. Seacrest out!!!!

11. Joeyd

Joeyd Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Did you get the job?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.