walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by andrew1978, Jun 14, 2015.

1. ArmyDrew

ArmyDrew Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2015
    That's not always the case, I've been working with Walmart for some time now and I've seen Walmart hire those who barely meet Min Quals just as freely as those with 20+ years OTR and a perfectly clean MVR.
    The Min Quals are pretty tough, so barely meeting them is still meeting them.

georgear1084 and NoobiDriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    When Rick got hired they were looking for 10 drivers. There were over 1000 applicants due to how rarely his DC hires. Nobody got an interview with anything close to the minimum standards.

Some DC's, like Apple Valley, that hire frequently, probably are not as picky. DC's that don't hire as often can be as picky as they want to be.

That said, the new hire with the least amount of experience ended up with steps and ended up quitting fairly quickly after hiring. He was not a good fit for the company (thought he knew better than everyone). It is interesting to see how that plays out. Walmart invests a lot of money in the hiring and training of their new hires. The vetting process is very important based on that.

4. ArmyDrew

ArmyDrew Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Things have changed a bit since that time it sounds like. Now when the listings open, the first to apply are the first to get interviews.

georgear1084 Thanks this.
  5. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Not to change the subject, but can you go all 48?

6. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I don't think so. Operation is run regionally. Plus they don't any extra equipment to let it be tied up longer than 5 days. If you get on with them you'll find out that they have way more drivers than tractors.

7. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    If you get a truck for the whole week, ask if you can stay in it if you extend your week. I work a 5/2 and usually extend into day 6, more often than not just to get out of bed and drive the truck to the DC to go home. But when you do that, you tend to run longer distance...like: Cullman Alabama, Mt. Crawford Virginia, Memphis TN, Menominee WI, etc.
    You also get another layover and a full day on day 5 instead of going home early. It really does wonders for your ADP.

8. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I was on a 5/2 out of Tobyhanna and very rarely did I ever get the same truck for the week. Got on a 5/2 5/3 just to keep the same truck all week. This issue with the lack if equipment is the ONLY complaint I have about Walmart. Other than that it is everything that it is advertised to be. Thanks for the tip though. Definitely good advice.

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  9. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    On a 5 day work schedule, anything on day 6 gets added in to your 5 day total and averaged over 5 days. So ADP in the high $300 range is easily reached.

10. Micah Grissaffi

Micah Grissaffi Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Palestine tx
    Does 3 years experience have to be otr or can it be local

11. Micah Grissaffi

Micah Grissaffi Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Palestine tx
    How long did it take for them to call you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.