walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by andrew1978, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Just has to be 30 months total. I don't have 3 years OTR and they hired me. Been driving 13 years total. Experience has to be recent. Hope that helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    About a month after I put in the application I got a call from corporate to set up a phone interview. They will then turn you over to the office you applied. They will set up a face to face interview and road test. All total it took me about 4 to 5 months to get hired

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  4. ArmyDrew

ArmyDrew Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Real quick here are Walmart's current minimum qualifications, these can also be found on the drive4walmart website:

Minimum qualifications for Walmart drivers
    • Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) OR will obtain Hazmat endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
    • Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
    • No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
    • No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
    • No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
    • No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
    • No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
    • No preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
    *The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines

Note: The applicant must live within 250 miles of the facility to which she/he is applying; or be willing to establish residence within 250 miles of the facility prior to the first day of work (orientation).

5. rodman71

rodman71 Light Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Do y'all have to work weekends or is it optional?

6. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    You will be working weekends. Only very high seniority drivers get every weekend off. You may get on a program that will give weekends off on a rotational basis but you will see weekend work.

7. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

At my DC( no, I won't say which one) Sunday-Thursday and Tuesday-Saturday bids go higher in seniority as drivers want a day in the week to go to a doctor appt or conduct other business. That said , it takes about 8/10 yrs to hold a Monday-Friday here.

8. rodman71

rodman71 Light Load Member

May 4, 2014
    OK thanks for the info guys.

9. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    I've been with Walmart for 4 months and I love it. The last 12 years I was an o/o pulling a tanker. My ADP as of today is 327 working a 5 day week. Wish all of you guys applying good luck. If you have questions on the hiring process the is a forum called Walmart here I Come, you can answer almost any question you have checking out that forum.

10. jayboogie007

jayboogie007 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Island Lake,IL
    I just got called for Spring valley not worried about road test but should I study a pretrip test. Oh yeah is the pay worth it? I currrently work with Holland and the pay has to be better than Holland starting pay right

11. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    Go to Walmart here I come, here on truckers report and you will see everything others have experienced during the hiring process. But, yes brush up on your previous trip.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.