Wandering WiFi RANT!

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by MrMustard, May 15, 2010.

1. WanderingWiFi_Support

WanderingWiFi_Support Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Please PM me your account email address and I will look into it for you.

It has been awhile since we discussed a few different things on this board but they are still in motion. We will be pushing out a new portal soon with more payment options (look for this in the next week or two if all goes well). We are still working on a redesigned portal that's easier to use and includes a lot more information such as a FAQ, a link to a speed test (either in house or external) and other documents.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    Look into what? You can't make all your Pilot wifi access service faster overnight can you? I'm ok with callin' it a loss and forgetting about ever using your services again unless I find out one day that you HAVE somehow upgraded them to something of value to me.

I do agree that it would be a good thing for others to know what they are getting for their money.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  4. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    Ok, I've been from Vermont to Ohio to Oregon back to South Carolina to Illinois and points inbetween and tried to use the remainder of my month subscription to Pilot's Wandering Wifi and have to tell anyone who reads this that it's speeds it really just BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD, SUCK ### BAD at 95% of the places I've tried. NOT WORTH THE MONEY......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

Say whatever you want companyman, this service IS NOT worth the money!!!!

5. Geckert

Geckert Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Annapolis MD
  6. WanderingWiFi_Support

WanderingWiFi_Support Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA

We did recieve your email and attempted to contact you back. It appears as if the connection speed in your case was most likely determined by signal and not backbone connection speed of the site. Signal can vary depending on position in lot, obstacles in path and general attenuation. We apologize you experienced this issue and would like to make it right.

I noticed you have not had a chance to call us back yet. Next time you are at a TA location please give us a call and we will get you online for 24 Hours at no cost to you. I have made a notation on your account as such.

Our contact number is: 1-877-838-1926

7. Pinoy51563

Pinoy51563 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Ewa Beach,Hawaii
    I use Verizon. It seems to have a better coverage then ATT and Sprint as I have used all three of them at one time. But if you get Verizon It's best to use a My-Fi modem then you will have faster speeds.

8. glennw56401

glennw56401 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Brainerd MN
    Here is Sprints coverage map for the area around Haubstadt, IN.
    [​IMG]

It shows 3g coverage all around. It seems that the problem is not with Sprint.

9. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    That is a recent development. I travel through that area twice a week on a dedicated run. Sprint just recently upgraded the area to 3g. It was 2g on Sprint from about 10 miles west of Louisville to the Illinois state line up until about a month ago. My original post is about six to eight months old. The problem WAS with Sprint, but I wouldn't say it was Sprint's fault. It was Wandering WiFi's decision to stick air cards in an area where that card had no 3g service when the other two major carriers had 3g in place at that location at the time. If Sprint had had 3g up and running at the time, i wouldn't have purchased the wifi in the first place.

10. nurnburg

nurnburg Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Maybe your company could try to see how flying J was running their system before your company "improved" it,when they were running it,you could get a great signal anywhere on their property,and past it.maybe you could see how they had the system before you fixed it.until then,my one year sub.is just about up.

11. Mr_Magoo

Mr_Magoo Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Lone Grove, OK
    Not to mention in MANY cases there is a person connected to their router and downloading multiple torrents. even an 11mbps connection there is an alotment of connection slots. 1 torrent with high seed number typically will use up at LEAST 100+ slots....an 11 mbps connection has 150 slots most typically....when you call their support and tell them the connection speed is so painfully slow that you've watched the clock tick 22 minutes just to load up google.com much less the hour and 37 minutes to load up gmail...they will say "oh yeah here's a guy using most of the connections on this router...they simply reset his connection which in turn, said booger eater just signs back in and goes RIGHT back to pirating. Wanderingwifi simply caters to pirates and bandwidth leeches...

was just debating tonight here in OKC at the 142 TA, where connection speed is supposed to be 11 mbps but download speed of a patch from ms.com is 0.7 kbps, what would happen if a person was to call the FCC, report an isp charging for public access and catering to pirates' usage of their connections even past complaints of customers NOT using the net for malicious or illegal activity....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.