Wanna be OTR Hazmat/ Tanker driver...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Vision, May 13, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Food Grade Carriers - Trucking - Transloading | Carry …
    • For Entry Level drivers- Must attend a class A CDL Truck Driving Training course with at least 200 hours of instruction and provide transcripts. Must present Diploma for Entry Level Driver Training in Accordance with 49 CFR 380.503
    [​IMG]

4. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    Thank you Chinatown... The school Im attending is 3 week, 120 hour, in Northern Colorado... Where do you find all of these companies?? Obviously you are a master googler....

5. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    Thank you tscottme, I will absolutely check out John Ogren

6. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    Thanks Dave1873, I was finding it tough finding anything... I have seen some local oil and fracking companies but they dont train and want 1-3 years experience

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Western Dairy Transport hires in Colorado.

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I don't think Prime tanker hauls HazMat. If they do it is a tiny number of HM loads to food-grade customers, like alcohols. I never worked there, and don't especially recommend them for newbies for various reasons. Like CR England, to newbies the only trucking company they know are the biggest in the industry, regardless of quality or fit for a newbie. Because Prime is so big and so nationwide some people assume Prime tanker is a big player or widespread in the industry. It's nothing of the sort. It's the tiny boutique division of a huge company. They don't have hardly any OTR tanker type work, according to the Prime tanker drivers I've heard.

I think Indian River Transport and Oakely Transport do far more tanker business than Prime. They both seem to have a quality operation. They both operate almost everywhere.

9. tscottme

Also, Idaho Milk Transport hires out of CO. The company is based near Burley, ID, IIRC. The only complaint I've heard about milk hauling is sometimes they make newbies start with loads at dairy farms, duh. And some dairy farms are just barely, if you squint real real hard, suitable for big semi-trucks. All of the dairy tankers have non-farm work moving product lots of other places.

10. tscottme

Indian River has a terminal near Grandview, WA. I think Oakley's westernmost terminal is Iowa.

11. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    Thank you, I do appreciate all the help, however, All of these show minimum one year experience... or at least thats what they are showing on their websites

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.