Wanna be OTR Hazmat/ Tanker driver...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Vision, May 13, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Idaho Milk Transport INC
    www.idahomilktransport.com
    Website has 2 yrs. exp. required. Try anyway.
    Interested in relocating your family to Southern Idaho? We are offering relocation assistance! Idaho is a fast growing state, and has a lot to offer a family with a wide range of outdoor fun, and seasonal activities. We would like you and your family to join ours!
    upload_2022-5-13_13-34-6.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Submit an application to Western Dairy Transport. There's an app on the website.
    ~
    Dairy Farmers of America in Greeley only hires from Sage.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Call the phone number and ask if they are still requiring the experience listed on the web site. I would Google the phone number for one of their locations near you and then call the "local" phone number, ask for Safety or Risk Management, or whatever they call it in modern biz speak and tell them a friend (Mike Jackson) worked there previously and said you would really like the place. How much experience do they REQUIRE. Ignore any comment about how much experience they PREFER.

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    In the current labor market, you would be amazed at how many companies have lowered their experience requirements in order to keep the trucks rolling along. Gone are the days of 1-2 years being crushed by a mega. Our website showed 2 years up until last month, when the IT guy was finally told to grant me access to edit the site as there was a coming change in advertising via google and that would result in people seeing our website instead of going straight to the application. In reality, the experience requirement was dropped to 1 year and then 9 months quite a while ago, but the website still had 2 years minimum listed.

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    You forgot your old standby, Trimac.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think Trimac quit hiring new cdl school grads.
    Give it a try anyway:
    Trimac – Service with Safety
    [​IMG]

8. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Talk to them directly.
    They might change their mind and train you.
    They need to ask their insurer for permission, though.

9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Vision.....there is an alternate "school of thought" (and it isn't popular) that says basically....pull boxes for a year or two--then go tanker.

That's what I did (now I haul fuel).

One advantage to this approach is....when you finally do switch over to tanker--because your experience base is wider, you will appreciate tanker's advantages A WHOLE LOT MORE. :p:D:)

--Lual

10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Several companies will take you on straight out of school. Yes there website has the minimum hiring criteria. But some of these companies will hire you.

Western International Gas has a yard in Pueblo, CO. And they will hire you despite what the website says. My thing about finding a company is, will they pay a decent wage even though your new. No one wants to be gone for 2 weeks and only make $700 p/week.

So I only recommend companies that pay. Some people recommend training companies. But im here to tell you. No matter what stay far away from Schneider's tanker program. It is very unorganized and pure garbage!!!

11. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    Maybe we should start a bad trucking company post about Schneider bulk. Thoughts?

meechyaboy, lual, Vision and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.