Want to go back to trucking after crash in 1992

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by meworrynot, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    i found out from my supervisor that you must contact the administrator of the FMCSA to get clearance to even be able to get a permit.....this will be difficult..

then you would still need a school that will accept you that has "accommodations" for people with loss of a limb

then you would NEED a trucking company WILLING to not only allow you to fill out an application, but to ACTUALLY ACCEPT the application......the paperwork alone for this entire process is incredibly LONG and detailed, heck, i gave you a link, didn't YOU READ IT...??? being that you are for the time being, of no importance to the industry, do you absolutely think a trucking company is going to go through this for you....??? you really ought to re-think this.....

now i had already given you a whole lot of information about this the other day.......why are you still searching for the answers YOU WANT TO HEAR...????

do as you wish....but i see no forward motion on this, as this will take time, and i can assure you, "time" will be LONG........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  4. meworrynot

meworrynot Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, TX
    Rerun,

I hear where your coming from, and not ignoring you. I did read the info from the FMCSA. I also spoke with them on the phone today, and am more confident now. I have spoken with a trucking company who is willing to work with me, and I fully explained to them my situation. I was told that being that I have driven in the past, and understand the job requirements and have the ability to perform them, they will work with me. I spoke with their safety people and all is good, so far. I am cautiously optimistic, but aware it will take more time for me than someone else. I also do not require any special equipment to drive, I have been driving stick wreckers for several years until recently. I do thank you for the information, and advice, it has helped greatly.

Pete in Texas

5. mwild

mwild Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    ohio
    I'd call some of the big companies like us exp or swift talk to a recruter see if thay would hire you

123456 Thanks this.
  6. meworrynot

Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, TX
    I am working with Swift, they have said they are willing to work with me. I explained my situation, and they said I can work with their safety Department to get through the process.

Pete in Texas

123456 and papa1953 Thank this.
  7. meworrynot

Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, TX
    Thanks again to all who gave their advice. Rerun your info helped alot. I am in the process of finding an orthopedic in the Corpus Christi area to do the SPE, The 2 I talked to don't, but one gave me a place to try. Swift says they will take me If I do the work, lets hope they mean it! And you were all right about the mountain of paperwork, I think I've killed a forest so far. I really miss driving 18, That's why I'm going through this, it's what I truly love to do. Thanks again to all! :)

Pete in Texas

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.